Audio Help me out with getting ear pods(IEM) within 1K,max (1.2-1.3)K

covenanth

Recruit
Hello guys,m new here on this Site/forum.I am in need of buying a pairs of IEM for daily usage (need them to be of good SQ and built as I might carry them to the place of my work everyday) I saw some good reviews of Sound Magic ES18. M also game for the JBL Tempo.Which is better among the two?Please suggest two earpods one that shall be best within 600-800 and one that is best within 1200 rupees!!Please reply soon.I am counting on your valuable comments and suggestions and my buy will be entirely based on that.Cheapest deal if any please give me the link!!Thanx in advance to all those who read and respond! :)

Hey man Thanx for the info..what about SM PL21 or any other ear pods below 1200?? If u r online..u can pm me too..

For starters these are not earpods, these are IEM's.

Earpods = earbuds.jpg This crap for which Apple expects you to spend $29!

For your budget of upto ~1200/- INR I suggest that you look into the following options --
  • JVC HA-FX34 'Marshmallows'
  • SoundMAGIC ES18
  • SoundMAGIC PL / MP-21
By the way you have not mentioned which music player you will pair these with OR which type of music you like.

If you can tell us more about what type of music you like and what you like in the sound then we can probably give you a better option (if possible under budget).

P.S. -- Welcome to TE and have a pleasant stay, Cheerio!

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities with that anti-earpod rant, I am just a regular Apple disliker who doesn't understand some of their revolutionary devices.

You can even try the tried & tested Creative EP630s. Though they've been around for a long time, i can personally vouch they live up to their reputation of being good solid all round IEM's.

I've got 2 pairs.. one that i recently got off flipkart! My original pair is with my better half & is the pair that i've had with me since 2009! They've been through every damn weather.. countless washing machine washes... soap water.. you name it! it's survived all & still sounds just as good!

The latest versions come with gold plated connector & the same awesome quality ear tips that can be changed to suit the size that fits you best! & they should be under 950/- :)

You can even try the tried & tested Creative EP630s. Though they've been around for a long time, i can personally vouch they live up to their reputation of being good solid all round IEM's.

Nothing against these but they are not my favourites and I had 4 pairs of these once upon a time.

The Creative EP630's only USP in this case is its excellent isolation, apart from this it falls flat compared to most budget IEM offerings when compared to actual sound quality / reproduction (including the JVC HA-FX34 'Marshmallows' and SoundMAGIC ES18).

P.S. -- you are lucky almost all my EP-630's had a problem of one of the channels failing on me.

Nothing against these but they are not my favourites and I had 4 pairs of these once upon a time.

The Creative EP630's only USP in this case is its excellent isolation, apart from this it falls flat compared to most budget IEM offerings when compared to actual sound quality / reproduction (including the JVC HA-FX34 'Marshmallows' and SoundMAGIC ES18).

P.S. -- you are lucky almost all my EP-630's had a problem of one of the channels failing on me.

Interesting, while i did find the Soundmagic's a bit better on the clarity.. i don't see why the EP630's are so bad with SQ as you say. While tech specs might definitely be lower, i think the EP630s did offer decent SQ for the price though a bit biased towards bass.

as for the quality.. I'm surprised! There were plenty of fakes on the EP's .. but i don't think that explains 4 of your pairs! lol. weird!

as for the quality.. I'm surprised! There were plenty of fakes on the EP's .. but i don't think that explains 4 of your pairs! lol. weird!

All EP's I bought cost me (my parents) ~1000/- -->1200/- INR (also a lot of grumbling about not understanding the value of money).

The last pair were OEM pair from a DeLL authorized reseller, costed ~500/-.

All EP's I bought cost me (my parents) ~1000/- -->1200/- INR (also a lot of grumbling about not understanding the value of money).

DeLL authorized reseller, costed ~500/-.
tell them money has no value.....what u buy with them has value..........then quickly run away

For starters these are not earpods, these are IEM's.

Earpods = View attachment 14764 This crap for which Apple expects you to spend $29!

For your budget of upto ~1200/- INR I suggest that you look into the following options --
  • JVC HA-FX34 'Marshmallows'
  • SoundMAGIC ES18
  • SoundMAGIC PL / MP-21
By the way you have not mentioned which music player you will pair these with OR which type of music you like.

If you can tell us more about what type of music you like and what you like in the sound then we can probably give you a better option (if possible under budget).

P.S. -- Welcome to TE and have a pleasant stay, Cheerio!

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities with that anti-earpod rant, I am just a regular Apple disliker who doesn't understand some of their revolutionary devices.

No man not a problem at all..I'll be using it for almost all my devices including Nokia N8, BlackBerry Playbook and my laptop.The taste ranges from Hindu songs to anything good under the roof...it should have nice isolation with a balanced SQ giving an awesome feeling.I am doubtful a bit about the built quality of SM ES18. I heard PL21 has a very good built quality.But its priced just double that of ES18.Is it just due to the built quality or the SQ is also better please guide.Hurry up guys keep pouring your suggestions.I'll buy today itself

- - - Updated - - -

I've got 2 pairs.. one that i recently got off flipkart! My original pair is with my better half & is the pair that i've had with me since 2009! They've been through every damn weather.. countless washing machine washes... soap water.. you name it! it's survived all & still sounds just as good!

The latest versions come with gold plated connector & the same awesome quality ear tips that can be changed to suit the size that fits you best! & they should be under 950/- :)

I am not so game about Creative ones..atleast not at that price.If ill buy for 600 ill go with es18 but I am actually asking if I have to go for upto 1200 rupees there better options or not...

- - - Updated - - -

If I have to choose between pl21 and she6000-98 which one should I go for..Moreover my budget is till 1200 so if there really better models than es18 and marshmallow please suggest...I don't wanna settle for cheaper options if anything better is available below 1200

- - - Updated - - -

Also guys please post your opinions about SM pl21 SM Em10 and philips she6000-98

No man not a problem at all..I'll be using it for almost all my devices including Nokia N8, BlackBerry Playbook and my laptop.The taste ranges from Hindu songs to anything good under the roof...it should have nice isolation with a balanced SQ giving an awesome feeling.I am doubtful a bit about the built quality of SM ES18. I heard PL21 has a very good built quality.But its priced just double that of ES18.Is it just due to the built quality or the SQ is also better please guide.Hurry up guys keep pouring your suggestions.I'll buy today itself

For all your needs and intents, I think the SoundMAGIC ES-18 should be the best buy, dunno about its build quality but the PL-21 had strictly average build.

The SoundMAGIC E10 falls out of your budget, you will need to pony up an additional ~1000/- quid over 1200/- to get it.

Also isolation is best provided by the Creative EP-630 in this price range, you might need to get Sony Hybrid foam tips for better sound isolation on these.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

For all your needs and intents, I think the SoundMAGIC ES-18 should be the best buy, dunno about its build quality but the PL-21 had strictly average build.

The SoundMAGIC E10 falls out of your budget, you will need to pony up an additional ~1000/- quid over 1200/- to get it.

Also isolation is best provided by the Creative EP-630 in this price range, you might need to get Sony Hybrid foam tips for better sound isolation on these.

What about Sennheiser CX 180??? It has an additional advantage of 2yrs of warranty!!! And if I get SoundMAGIC E10 should it be better??? Which is better CX 180 or E10???

What about Sennheiser CX 180??? It has an additional advantage of 2yrs of warranty!!! And if I get SoundMAGIC E10 should it be better??? Which is better CX 180 or E10???

Never heard the Sennheiser's so will avoid comments on the same. They are also super expensive, a pair costs ~3000/- INR and I doubt they are worth that much.

SoundMAGIC E10 is indeed better than the ES18 but again this is from reading reviews have no experience personally. Also this is easily going to best the CX180.

Never heard the Sennheiser's so will avoid comments on the same. They are also super expensive, a pair costs ~3000/- INR and I doubt they are worth that much.

SoundMAGIC E10 is indeed better than the ES18 but again this is from reading reviews have no experience personally. Also this is easily going to best the CX180.

Buy Sennheiser CX 180 Headphone Online At Price Rs.1,490 - India
please comment guys which one should i go for e10 ot cx180????

I've not heard CX180 or the PL21 and hence cannot comment about them. As for Philips, it is generally said that their costlier offerings do not improve on their cheaper offerings by much, though I do not have personal experience with them.

There's no rule in audio world that costlier is better. Brand value, marketing expenses, R&D expenses, support costs, even packaging costs all get factored into your price in the case of well-known brands. Secondly, the amount you spend is irrelevant when it comes to build quality and sound quality improvements. A $250 DDM2 failed quickly, a $150 RE262 needed a couple of RMAs within months for some, Monster IEMs despite their higher cost have poor build quality. As for SQ, in general, costlier gets you slightly better SQ. But, it is not always true. A $7 Monoprice 8320 sounds better than many $15 and even $30 sets.

Secondly, the term sound quality itself is left to individual perception. You can like what others dislike and vice versa - much like any other hobby.

All that said, you have two options. First is to go for ES18 or a SHE3570. In that case, if you find them unsuitable for your tastes, you might as well upgrade to something better in the future. But, I am saying that purely from understanding your sound signature preferences. Two IEMs, even spaced apart by an year, is two spends and hence amounts to something costly than a single IEM purchase.

As a second option, go for E10 / PL21. E10 is definitely better than either and most likely better than CX180 as well. Build quality of E10 is better than ES18. The only issue is if you don't find them to your satisfaction, then you've already spent a lot more than you originally intended and still left not as satisfied as you wanted.

I've not heard CX180 or the PL21 and hence cannot comment about them. As for Philips, it is generally said that their costlier offerings do not improve on their cheaper offerings by much, though I do not have personal experience with them.

There's no rule in audio world that costlier is better. Brand value, marketing expenses, R&D expenses, support costs, even packaging costs all get factored into your price in the case of well-known brands. Secondly, the amount you spend is irrelevant when it comes to build quality and sound quality improvements. A $250 DDM2 failed quickly, a $150 RE262 needed a couple of RMAs within months for some, Monster IEMs despite their higher cost have poor build quality. As for SQ, in general, costlier gets you slightly better SQ. But, it is not always true. A $7 Monoprice 8320 sounds better than many $15 and even $30 sets.

Secondly, the term sound quality itself is left to individual perception. You can like what others dislike and vice versa - much like any other hobby.

All that said, you have two options. First is to go for ES18 or a SHE3570. In that case, if you find them unsuitable for your tastes, you might as well upgrade to something better in the future. But, I am saying that purely from understanding your sound signature preferences. Two IEMs, even spaced apart by an year, is two spends and hence amounts to something costly than a single IEM purchase.

As a second option, go for E10 / PL21. E10 is definitely better than either and most likely better than CX180 as well. Build quality of E10 is better than ES18. The only issue is if you don't find them to your satisfaction, then you've already spent a lot more than you originally intended and still left not as satisfied as you wanted.

I think ill try my luck with e10 ill also buy cx180 for my friend!!I wish i am satisfied...by the way SMC International which is based in delhi imports all soundmagic iems so if in case i have warranty issues?i live in kolkata and sms international is in delhi

IMO the sennheisers at 3000(namely the CX300) can rival soundmagics any offering, I had 4 sennheisers till now and satisfied with all of them
Also I liked SMs SQ but they are really poorly built, I got a PL11 and PL21, with both failing on quality grounds
Also one issue I found no one mentions here is that, normal eartips do not fit on SMs iem, their nozzle diameter is a little small than normal offerings, was a major problem for me when I lost the provided tips
Apart from that I do agree Sennheisers are little pricey but they make it up in terms of build quality

I think ill try my luck with e10 ill also buy cx180 for my friend!!I wish i am satisfied...by the way SMC International which is based in delhi imports all soundmagic iems so if in case i have warranty issues?i live in kolkata and sms international is in delhi

Get in touch with SMC International and find out if they have any affiliate tie-ups with any services company in Calcutta for quick replacement incase of any issues (keep the bill handy).

Else, you might need to ship it back to Delhi in-case of any issues.

IMO the sennheisers at 3000(namely the CX300) can rival soundmagics any offering, I had 4 sennheisers till now and satisfied with all of them
Also I liked SMs SQ but they are really poorly built, I got a PL11 and PL21, with both failing on quality grounds
Also one issue I found no one mentions here is that, normal eartips do not fit on SMs iem, their nozzle diameter is a little small than normal offerings, was a major problem for me when I lost the provided tips

Actually only SoundMAGIC PL-21, PL-11 and PL-50 have smaller diameter nozzles, the rest are standard and can be swapped to fit better tips any-day.

Never used Sennheiser's, they are much too expensive in my opinion for what they offer. What with VSONIC and BRAINWAVZ at that price point they simply do not have much going for them. (just my opinion)

Actually only SoundMAGIC PL-21, PL-11 and PL-50 have smaller diameter nozzles, the rest are standard and can be swapped to fit better tips any-day.

Never used Sennheiser's, they are much too expensive in my opinion for what they offer. What with VSONIC and BRAINWAVZ at that price point they simply do not have much going for them. (just my opinion)

Before I came to TE my knowledge of IEMs was restricted till Sennheisers, Sonys and Shure but now I have found out more makers of IEMs(such as RE, Vsonic, Brainwaz etc) which offer more bang for buck
Next in line are Brainwaz B2

@covenanth
I upgraded to a CX-180 straight from a EP 630 and i felt there was a world of difference in the SQ between the 2 . The CX-180 perform pretty well for the price you pay + the added two year warranty . The only soundmagic i have heard is PL-11 and the CX-180 beat them hands down. In the same range i have heard a Nuforce NE-7m , Brainwavz M1 and Sennheiser CX-180 . I would rate the NE7M > CX180 > M1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back