OC & Modding Help me RGBfy my PC.

Ok. So I started a project to clean up my PC case/monitor and make it all pretty.

To get started, I figured I would pick up some RGB LED strips and see how it went. Problem is the LED strip I picked up has this connector (See image attached). That connector connects to a power cable so you can connect it to a power outlet.

Obviously I would prefer to not do that. For one, the cable is too short and for another it would be another cable to hide. Since the LED strip will go on the back of my monitor (which has a USB jack on it) I would much prefer to connect it via a USB port to the monitor to power it.

Is there a connector that connects that 4 pin thing and converts it to a USB to power it? What is it called?

This looks like it might do the trick - https://www.amazon.in/CLASSYTEK-Ang...4429993&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=4+pin+usb&psc=1

But I am not sure.

And what other options I have to power it?

Help?

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_161210.jpg
    IMG_20180816_161210.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 106
I just gave you an overlook of how the converter can be. Google for the convertor or you can also ask for it in some selective electronic shops housing lighting products.
You can even diy yourself by buying usb extension cord and then soldering the points. refer youtube for it.

Back