Monitors Help me select a lcd monitor from these!!

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
I have ben loking for a new monitor to replace my aging samsung syncmaster 763dfx.

i am going to put this monitor on top of my cabinet.

i have my requirements cutout.

initially was looking for conventional 4:3 format but after looking at my laptop and my sisters dell 19 inches widescreen my hands are itching for wide screen one.

i have shortlisted follwing 3 models according my requirements.

LG L177wsb

samsung 732nw

acer al1702

all three are TN panel, 17 inchers, wide screen, 1440 x 900 resolution, analog input.

when i visited croma they had two in display except samsung and acer was showing beright colours while lg looked faded.

i tried to look on prad.de but these models are not mentioned there.

can any one pinpoint which is better outta these, i am leaning towards acer.

all these are priced in range of 8600-9300 INR.

Any other 17incher wide screen model available in india and worth a look?

TIA

ps edit :

while surfing i found two monitors on dll site too :clap: which were not existing earlier.

iirc 1280 x 1024 is not a wide resolution like 1440 x 900 is, if i am wrong please correct me.

am looking in to the details of the monitors and then will decide about it.

edit two:
found two on dell site now i am stumped.

the first one . dell e178 wfp
the main page says its height, turn, tilt stand and resolution is only 1280 x 1024.
detailed specification page says no height and turn stand, and resolutinon upto 1440 x 900.

the second one dell se178wfp
resolution 1440 x 900, not height adustible.

tomorrow i will have to call dell to confirm.

now if i can put my hands on dell i am going to forget earlier options.
keeping my fingers crossed and looking fr your exert opinions.

medpal said:
the first one . dell e178 wfp

the main page says its height, turn, tilt stand and resolution is only 1280 x 1024.

detailed specification page says no height and turn stand, and resolutinon upto 1440 x 900.

the second one dell se178wfp

resolution 1440 x 900, not height adustible.

tomorrow i will have to call dell to confirm.

now if i can put my hands on dell i am going to forget earlier options.

keeping my fingers crossed and looking fr your exert opinions.

FP = normal 4:3 aspect monitor

WFP = widescreen monitor

Assuming they haven't mixed up the model number, you can rest assured it is a widescreen monitor :D

Extra features like height adjustment and all are usually included in the upper-range 'Ultrasharp' monitors.

is ther any specific reason y u want to go in for a 17" an not a 19" or 22"?? cause if u consider the price difference its not tat much these days an as u would agree one doesnt upgrade monitors often.. so try and get a good size if possible..

Crazy_Eddy said:
FP = normal 4:3 aspect monitor
WFP = widescreen monitor

Assuming they haven't mixed up the model number, you can rest assured it is a widescreen monitor :D

Extra features like height adjustment and all are usually included in the upper-range 'Ultrasharp' monitors.

eddy they both are wide screen infact. but the website has two different information thats what confused me.

will update here tomorrow what their CC says.

amityrock said:
is ther any specific reason y u want to go in for a 17" an not a 19" or 22"?? cause if u consider the price difference its not tat much these days an as u would agree one doesnt upgrade monitors often.. so try and get a good size if possible..

i am going to put this monitor in my clinic so i dont have much space thats the reason behind 17 incher. as i am not going to watch any movies on it. :p

Do check out viewsonic as well..

My friend'd got a VW1703wb..

Only vga input but widescreen supporting 1440X900 res.

Decent one actually..

gannu_rox said:
Do check out viewsonic as well..

My friend'd got a VW1703wb..

Only vga input but widescreen supporting 1440X900 res.

Decent one actually..

gannu_rox, viewsonic is known for horrible ASS, so by no way i am going to select it :p
UPDATE:

I confirmed with dell cc today. there is some misinformation on website.

E178WFP
has native resolution of 1440 x 900
it does not have height adjustment, swivel

now the sore part is pricing. 10300 with 3 years replacement warranty.

trying to get better deal.

medpal said:
gannu_rox, viewsonic is known for horrible ASS, so by no way i am going to select it :p
UPDATE:

I confirmed with dell cc today. there is some misinformation on website.

E178WFP
has native resolution of 1440 x 900
it does not have height adjustment, swivel

now the sore part is pricing. 10300 with 3 years replacement warranty.

trying to get better deal.

Get in touch with a friend of urs who has purchased a DELL laptop n ask him to do the help fer u.. I meant the bargaining thing.. :)

Back