Help me spend my money...

zhopudey

Skilled
Baah, I'm bored, so I want to get a new toy :p I have thought of the following options -

1) Upgrade my cpu to a 1075T - but I don't game or do 3D or any heavy work at home. So not much use.

2) Get a 55-250 IS lens - but 95% of my snaps will be of my daughter, so don't need a tele right now.

3) Get a pmp, as I mainly watch movies while travelling to office and back - but I'm not interested in carrying a phone and a pmp :(

4) Get the Edifier S530 or similar speakers (don't have the space for A5) - but I won't have time for exclusive music listening. My l33t philips stereo does the job for me right now.

5) Get a 32" LCD - but keeping it in the living room means it'll only be used for watching marathi soaps and news :ashamed: I might get to watch a movie once a month :p

6) Get a new phone - Was reading up on N8, Galaxy S and the new Win7 phones. N8 has great h/w but symbian's future is not looking great. Galaxy S and win7 phones would not really offer anything groundbreakingly extra over my Hero. Infact, once coreplayer for android is out, I'll enjoy my hero a lot more.

7) Upgrade my esteem's ICE - but I hardly ever use my car :p
Can't think of anything else. Throw me your suggestions. My budget -
1) For a new phone, 20-25K (will exchange with my hero)
2) Anything else - 15-20K.
3) For a TV or anything else the entire family can enjoy - upto 30k (slightly more if 0% emi is available)

Why dont you donate your money to a poor guy like me :p

Since you want to carry PMP and Phone together get a HTC desire HD or iphone 4

Desecrator said:
Get an iPaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :p
I have seen the iPad being recommended multiple times to many users but honestly this is the first time ever I have seen where it has fit the user needs perfectly. These 3 lines narrow it down perfectly..

1. Help me spend my money

2. I'm bored

3. I want to get a new toy

:p

:p

Regarding iPhone, iPad - I'm allergic to iTunes :D Also -

My budget -
1) For a new phone, 20-25K (will exchange with my hero)
2) Anything else - 15-20K.
3) For a TV or anything else the entire family can enjoy - upto 30k (slightly more if 0% emi is available)

^^ I have the nifty fifty. Don't want to spend more on camera gear as I don't even make full use of what I have right now. :ashamed:

Rohan congrats!! Brendon's suggestion is awesome, sell your f1.8 should fetch 4k. I had the same dilemma this diwali but decided to splurge on a holiday :p although did an impulse buying of a hdd...

Aces170 said:
Rohan congrats!! Brendon's suggestion is awesome, sell your f1.8 should fetch 4k. I had the same dilemma this diwali but decided to splurge on a holiday :p although did an impulse buying of a hdd...

Actually, I think the 35mm f2 would be better. I find 50mm too narrow indoors. hmm........

If you don't know how to spend what you have, save it meaningfully.

Put it into a recurring deposit which she can use for a college fund. Trust me, education is expensive and it's only going to get worse.

If you do want to spend, I would chuck all of this and get a video camera since you have a growing child. Capture that childhood.

^Now he'd just come and say, his DSLR can capture that as well. :| :p

That's a wise suggestion though - hard drive based camcorders have become dead cheap now. Heck, even those full-HD ones come for as cheap as 25k! :O

cranky said:
If you don't know how to spend what you have, save it meaningfully.

Put it into a recurring deposit which she can use for a college fund. Trust me, education is expensive and it's only going to get worse.

If you do want to spend, I would chuck all of this and get a video camera since you have a growing child. Capture that childhood.

Already have a dvd-camcorder.

some stuff will take up more of your time vs less of your money, and some the reverse, and some might take both :D

how about something along the lines of creating/improving the home network/adding a DIY fileserver/adding an HTPCish box at the TV side

+1 on the invest idea. Even the smallest bit helps.

Tuition for the engg college that I went to has doubled in the 3 years since my graduation :|

1. Invest.

2. Xbox360 slim + KINECT / PS3 + Move

3. Bluray player/media HD player

4. 2TB external Hdd

5. Iphone.Ipad

6. 40inch TV after reselling urs

Back