Help me to decide on New arrival Digital Camera

rajuwaste

Disciple
Hi friends,
I am willing to buy a new digital camera for casual use but it should be all round performer(quality & feature) in budget price.I have few cameras in mind from Nikon and cannon.

1)Canon PowerShot A1200
2)Nikon COOLPIX S3100
3)Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
4)Nikon COOLPIX L120

All the cameras have HD recording,First two models have12mp and 7 to 8 thousand cost later models have more optical zoom like 12+ and 13 to 15 thousand price tag.Later models almost double the price of former models.I heard larger the sensor means better price which model has larger sensor.Help me to choose cost effective camera without making big compromise in picture,video quality & features.
:)

m-jeri said:
^^

Google the review for that. that will be elaborate enough.
If it is sufficient why everybody raising queries about different things repeatedly hear.I could not come to conclusion from those review that is why I am expecting answer from real user. Website reviews show us one part of the picture and discussing with real users show us another part of the picture.

m-jeri said:
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS. period..
I am more inclined towards canon powershot a1200 as a newbie to digital camera I could find optical zoom,some kind of manual control are the major difference between canon powershot a1200 and sx130IS but the price difference is more than double.I don't know both have same size sensor or different.Is it still worth buying sx130is instead of a1200

Ignore MP counts in a Digicam. IMO say like 7 to 8 MP is more than enough. atleast for normal photo printing purpose they are.

As a starter if u just need to learn the ropes of Digicam, get a very basic one. It would help more if you can tell a budget.

Get ones with

1. Decent MP

2. Decent Optical Zoom

3. If possible a EVF. very good at battery saving

and for me very imp, the ergonomics. Try holding few. Some feels like home.

For budget less than 10k.(For budget ones i always recommend Fuji. They are very VFM. After that Nikon)

Pick any Canon/Nikon/Fuji cams under the price. The Features/perf are mostly at par under these segment. Dunno if they changed that much nowadays

My picks, Fuji s1800 eBay India: Fujifilm S1800 12mp Digicam+4gb+ Batt Char+Case Wrnty (item 170616791453 end time 24-Mar-2011 19:56:22 IST).

check local pricing.

If between 10~15k Then there are like Nikon L100 or something, Few Fuji models, Maybe canon Sx20IS etc.

The Sx30IS are like 25k. For a total newbie they are not worth it. for now.

And yes all the PnS have very small sensor size. So more zoom you go less the image qlty. But I for one see that as a tradeoff

between taking such long shots in less expensive gears. For me its just that moment that matters.

I am sure foto gurus will explain more.

Back