Intel 2400
ASUS P8H67-V
2GB XMMS
AMD 6850
Corsair CX500
Problem:
No Display
Tried:
Running just the mobo,proc and ram still no display from on board gfx.
Tried with gfx card and still no display.
RAM check light indicating normal function (1 blink)
Mobo green light comes on fine.
My Guess:
Bad PSU? Or Bad Mobo?

Plz Help.

Do verify if the monitor cable or the monitor itself is faulty before troubleshooting the other items.
The beep sounds mentioned in the above post have specific sequence and their meaning can be found in the motherboard manual or by searching for "asus p8h67-v beep codes".
Asus Link

dont have another mobo to check on...
tried CMOS reset...
monitor works with other PC...other monitor doesnt work with my PC...so i guess the monitor is fine

dont have another mobo to check on...
My experience with a low end mobo.

One day it stops working, figure it must be the psu, go buy a new no-name one. Still does not work. Aha, it must be the mobo. It had problems 3 years earlier and was repaired.

Take mobo to the repair guys. Forgot to take the new psu, as i thought obviously it must be working as its new. They tell me nothing wrong with the mobo. Their repair work 3 years earlier was still good.

It then dawns on me that the new PSU i bought was faulty. Oh the new PSU passed the simple paperclip test with the fan coming on but the repair guy said such a test is inconclusive and does not prove that the PSU actually works. All this paperclip test means is that the fan circuit works (!)

If the PSU does not give the right impulse the mobo won't switch on. Took the PSU back and got a replacement, annoyed that they guys that sold me the damn thing could not even test it was working in the first place.

Update on the problem.
Just got a new PSU Seasonic M12II 620 and i still get no display. Trying to display with onboard vga but still no luck.
SO im guessing its the Mobo?

Wait..
Its usually a cmos/bios corruption issue as well.
If you have the mobo cd/dvd you can try to reflash bios with the one on the cd/dvd.
The process is automated, you just need/keep the appropriate key pressed on your mobo when its powered on.
Get the info from mobo site.
It can be F1, F2, F4, F10, F11 , 12 keys but first make sure and then try.

Attach an optical drive or in a hurry you may forget that!! :p

If it works then great and if not then it is concluded its your mobo needs to be replaced.

Back