Help me with Raising a Complaint against Vodafone India in Consumer Court

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Hello,

I have elaborated my problem in this thread : http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/vodafone-postpaid-ripping-me-off-139180/
Couple of days back, I got another bill in which they activated VMC199 plan again without asking me and charged me Rs. 120 + taxes more. I asked them to resolve issue on Facebook, Twitter, Nodal Officer. I got a reply from them

Hello Rahul,

Please note that VMC 199 plan was activated via SMS as per your request and the same has been deactivated today.

Today, a lady called me on behalf of Vodafone. She told me that the plan has been activated from my phone via USSD and started explaining what USSD is like I didn't know. I told them, I have placed the card in a non multimedia phone, why would I activate the plan if I don't use it. She said, I don't know but the system is showing that you have activated the plan via SMS / USSD. The plan is reactivated on 8th October. I asked her the exact timing of activation, then she told me that they can't see any activity or log of my number on 8th October. I asked her, then who activated the plan, she started mumbling and said, "I will get back with exact details soon!" and kept the phone..

This is enough, they are blaming me for their system failure. I want to raise a complaint against Vodafone, @vodafoneindia.

Any lawyer who can help me with the exact procedure?

Here are the exact dates when they have activated VMC199 (Data plan) service without letting me know.

Billing Cycle period is : 19th of 1st month to 18th of 2nd month.
  1. May - June Billing Cycle - 8th June to 18th June : Rs. 70.61 ---- Activated without letting me know.
  2. June - July Billing Cycle - 19th June to 18th July : Rs. 199 ---- I didn't recognized that I am paying bills for this.
  3. July - August Billing Cycle - 19th July to 7th August : Rs. 128.39 --- I recognized it on 7th august and requested a refund and deactivation
  4. August - Sept Billing Cycle - 18th Sept to 18th Sept : Rs. 6.42 --- I got the bill on 25th Sept and I realized that they have activated VMC199 plan on last day of August - Sept billing cycle.
  5. Sept - Oct Billing Cycle - 19th Sept to 25th Sept : Rs. 46.43 --- I deactivated and requested a refund on 25th september..
  6. Sept - Oct Billing Cycle - 8th Oct to 18th Oct : Rs. 72.97 -- Yesterday, I received a bill and saw VMC199 has been reactivated again on 8th October. So they charged me total 119.xx Rs. in Sept - Oct billing cycle.
------------------------ TOTAL AMOUNT : Rs. 523.82 + Taxes + Mental Torturing + false accusation --------------------------------

If anyone is willing to help me, I can share my bill PDF files along with you. Vodafone System doesn't have ANY information about plan reactivation happened on 8th October. Their system shows no activity on same date for my number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additionally post in the Vodafone mobile section of India Broadband forum. There is a rep out there but don't expect anything as if you check the replies from that vodafone guy all are pre scripted and robotic.

I would suggest you email all the nodal officers of India and not only your circle. I had done this with Failtel, i even cced the nodal officers of vodafone, aircel and all operators. Call me crazy but i did this and it resolved my problems quicker. Keep sending emails and cc other company ids.

Do they really resolve or just another hoax website?

I forwarded one complaint once and i got call from them and they informed about the charges.They do charge(Some 500 INR) for the service and assist customers for the whole process of Consumer Court.

Well, After I pushed it little far and had a word about Consumer Complaint, I got a reply from Vodafone that they have credited some amount and I will get to know about it in next 24 hours. Looking forward how much amount they have credited..

Back