Help me with this project

Ra.hul

Disciple
hi guys,
i m doing a project on streaming videos, as i want stream my webcam live video to internet which can viewed on other computer or mobile devices.
the main problem is that it should be in visual basic.
if anybody know something abt it then plz let me know!

use windows media services it is available on th windows media download site in ms.
grab that...
add a activex object or a media player in vb source to be the internet streaming ip addy of ur media server.. whic should be ur computer and its ip.. if u have a dynamic ip use a service like no-ip.com
and then test it... but seriously.. u`ll have very poor quality.. cauz ur bandwidth will be limited..ur on wat 128k???
and if u r goin to have more than 1 visitor it`ll further reduce the quality...

what you need an activex which provides you capturing and buffered read capabilities. First of all buffer the incoming content using one thread and let the other thread feed the activex with needed data. Methinks wmplayer activex does allow this. try MSDN that might help as well.

Just wondering, what are you going to gain by using Activex control, specially when you are doing project - except for learning how to use that activex control. Btw, windows has default components to make it possible without any additional software or programming.

Back