as the thread says my friend wants to buy a durable phone tomorrow in around 8k
His main priorities are
1. good camera 5MP having flash
2. goood Music player
3. 3G phone
4. Durable.
5. Touch screen is not a prefrence
6. Qwarty will do

p.s.- he is not inclined towards android.
Nokia, Samsung preferred.

Thanks for viewing and replying to threard....................

in nokia u can see Nokia C3-01 Touch & Type, C5 and if u can stretch then go for E5...

for most of the features u have stated there are 2 very good phones from sony ericsson namely Elm and Hazel...

Elm cost around 7.5k and hazel cost 8.5k...

just recommending the phones based on ur requirements... check the reviews before making the decision

comp@ddict said:
SE Elm is a good phone, the Nokia 500 is also a good 8.5k option, however the camera isn't that good, with no flash either.

Its a crime to speak of both the Elm and Nokia 500's camera in the same breadth :p

Also gsmarena review says the UI is laggy unlike other Belle and anna phones. May be the lack of a proper 3D accelerator is telling on this one.

aka911 said:
SE Elm has a great camera

Hazel has the better screen....

Elm should be more durable , SE sliders dont last more then 18 months

Agree. Depends on the phone though. My W580i slider is working fine for 3+ years but friend's w910i slider cable was replaced after 18 months for Rs.650. Now last month the replacement cable also worn out(~15 months) and again he spent Rs.650 for a new slider cable.

So if you dont mind spending a bit in the future the Hazel is a much better bet with its superior snapper and larger screen.

my previous phone was w580i too it was a gr8 phone, slider was awesome till the end(end was due to the fact that i dropped the phone form a considerable height)... the gr8 thing about SE phones is the quality of the materials used makes the phone look more expensive ... jus tbought SE cedar for mom and i must say that it better than any 4k mobile out there...

bottom line : go for SE Hazel you will not regret it

I currently own an Elm and it's not that a great phone TBH. I bought the damn thing for 11k, within a couple of months I regreted my decision.

Pros
1. 5 MP Camera with flash
2. Battery life.

On the flipside,
1. It's got SE's proprietary port AKA fast port, which wears out in 3 months, so it won't charge properly
2. Wi fi is not that great
3. If you save more numbers/contacts, sometimes it won't show the name, instead it'll only show the number
4. Poor build quality, buttons and the backside plastic lost paint in just 6 months.
5. Last but not least, Music comes nowhere near other Sony phones, bundled earphones are crap and there is no 3.5 MM jack for custom earphones.
6. Small screen (but that's subjective)

Don't go for it..

Back