HELP needed buying a phone 16k

mpaspc

Adept
Need to buy a phone for someone for about 16K
the Budget is at the most 16k would add only a couple of hundreds to complete the deal .

Comfortable buying locally or online (Sealed Box ) , but i need VAT paid bill and warranty for the same .
Also my friend who is going to buy this phone has a Galaxy i9003 , which would be put up shortly on sale (purchased MID MAY,2011,with bill with scratch guard , scratch less) what price should be Expected ?

Choices
SE NEO V
Nexus S (a bit expensive , looking for deals )

No brand choice , no feature required , only a good screen (3.5 inches PLUS ) , rest of the features come along in this Range :):):):)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

10 Users Browsing and no reply

Since this is For someone else , INDIAN WARRANTY AND BILL IS IMPORTANT

Help needed urgently , need to purchase today or tomorrow

+1 for the Neo V. A 3.7-inch WVGA screen is what I personally prefer over the 4-inchers phones. Apart from the decent proc, RAM, OS and screen, Neo V would definitely offer good audio and camera performance for its class.

It wont exactly be an upgrade from Samsung Galaxy 9003 to an SE Neo V.. they are more or less same from my perspective.

Why exactly he wants to buy a new phone? if he has a problem with his current device,listing that problem might help the community to give him better choices..

How about Motorola defy?

I know it has an inferior processor,But maybe he wants to sell his i9003 because of poor community support?

If then the defy makes a solid choice.

If you are looking into symbian then even the X7 was selling someplace at 17k..

Wait for a few days. Samsung is holding a press conference in India tomorrow. It is expected that the Galaxy Note will be launched (way above budget), but if you are lucky, Samsung may also launch the Galaxy W, expected to cost ~17k.

You can then get it for ~16k use coupon codes :) .

mpaspc said:
I know there are many ROMS available , as i earlier mentioned he does not want to do anything beyond KIES , He won't even ROOT his phone

So he is selling off the old phone! Its so not worth it to just for gingerbread. Just wait for some more time (5 or 6 months) and you must be able to get a ICS running dual core mobile for ~18k or so. Until then ask him to stick to the i9003. If your friend is not using anything beyond KIES he is most probably not a power user and the i9003 would be more than sufficient for his needs IMO irrespective of what version of Android it runs on.

Back