Monitors Help needed in buying 22" lcd monitor with glossy screen

wroxtar

Disciple
Hello everyone!

I am really sick and tired searching over the internet for the best 22" lcd monitor having glossy screen finish(glare)

I am really sad that India has very few models for every brand that makes lcd monitors. So I don't have much choice. Glossy screens are rare here.

Only HP monitors have glossy screen, but they are not available in India in loose packaging but come bundled with the HP PC.

It would really be very nice if someone can guide me to a list of 22 inch monitors having glossy screen(glare).

I need the resolution to be 1920x1080 full HD
and it should have a VGA along with DVI-D or HDMI with HDCP support.

Thanks in advance.

Dell SP2208WFP - if you can manage to find one since this was a pretty old model. Released in 2008 as the model number suggests. There are not many glossy panels available if the market as of today.

Just curious but most users love a matte display over the glossy ones, why are you the other way round? :p

Yea, that's the question everyone asks me, but I find the colors and display much better on glossy ones than matte ones. Display on matte screens look dull. I have even placed two monitors side by side and compared them. Glossy ones receive a negative feedback only because they have that glare thing which majority of users find troublesome. But I know how to adjust my room lighting to avoid any kind of glare from my glossy panel.

Thanks for your help. I am struggling to find one HP dealer who can get me HP 2159m which is a very wonderful panel compared to others in the same range.
Wish me luck.

Matte screen is like the newspaper you read daily and the Glossy screen is like the magazines you get to relish just once or twice a month. I hope you get the picture now.:)

Are you sure the placement of the monitor will be such that you won't be able to see any reflections on the screen?
You can consider Dell SP2309W. It's a 23" inch one,glossy screen with resolution 2048x1152

I just don't get about people complaining of reflections. When there was no lcd monitor on this planet, there were CRT monitors which were glossy for sure and they had reflective surface too, no one complaint about it, and now suddenly glossy is bad because it reflects!

Well anyways, its not at all a problem for me, coz I have my setup very well arranged with nothing reflective at the back. I just feel the colors appear very good on a glossy screen and it looks lively and beautiful compared to dull display of matte screen.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am looking into the models suggested here.

Back