Help needed on a Croma order

nitin_g3

Adept
Hello All,

I'm having an issue with an order from Croma. Hope someone from TE help me in this regard.
I placed an order of Covey air purifier and a Sandisk pen drive on Oct 11th, the expected delivery date was Oct 16th for both the products.

I've received Sandisk pen drive on 16th, but the air purifier is still not shipped. The customer care guys gave me bluedart tracking IDs for both products on 14th, but the tracking id for air purifier still shows invalid when I try to track it on bluedart.
I've been calling them multiple times a days since 16th itself. Even sent 2 emails while CCing their grievance officer and nodal officer, but no help.

Oct 16th Call 1 response: Their team will call me back in 4 hours, but no call was received.
Oct 16th Call 2 response: I will get my product within 24 hours.
Oct 17th Call 1 response: They'll co-ordinate with bluedart and will get back to me.
Oct 17th email response: Here's your complaint number, later I received a message stating that my complain has been resolved (no other communication from them) :oops:.
Oct 18th Call 1 response: Give us 4 hours, our team will get back to you.
Oct 18th email response: Here's your complain number, we'll resolve it in 24-28 hours.
Oct 18th Call 2 response: Sorry that you had to go through this trouble, and then call was cut :banghead:.

And my products is still not shipped.
Not sure what to do.

I don't want to cancel it since I got the air purifier at a good price.

Any kind of help is most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Take to Twitter, customer care is pathetic for these guys. I recently had a similar ordeal with TataCliq. Makes you realize how much we take Amazon CS for granted (yes, they screw up too, but resolution time and quality is best in class*)

Take to Twitter, customer care is pathetic for these guys. I recently had a similar ordeal with TataCliq. Makes you realize how much we take Amazon CS for granted (yes, they screw up too, but resolution time and quality is best in class*)
I called again in the evening, and this time a new update.
They said the air purifier is at my nearby croma store. I asked for store location but he said that he doesn't have the location yet. And also said that by 12 noon tomorrow, I'll get a call from that store.

I called again in the evening, and this time a new update.
They said the air purifier is at my nearby croma store. I asked for store location but he said that he doesn't have the location yet. And also said that by 12 noon tomorrow, I'll get a call from that store.
Good luck then, hope you get your product soon!

Good that things finally turned out well for you but as a rule of thumb for the future, I would suggest never order stuff from Croma online. Always go and buy in person from store whenever possible. They have a horrible delivery record as evinced by reviews and feedback online. My personal mantra is - "Any customer care in India is rock bottom by default and if you get good service sometimes, think of that as your good luck instead of the norm."

I normally wouldn't, but the offer was so tempting. I got it for 9k on croma and the same was available for 12.3k on Amazon. Both prices are after card discount.
Yes, that is where the dilemma arises. They tempt with the offers. However, as I found out when I bought my iPad from there this month, store people are so dumb that at times they don't even know that online and offline offers are applicable on both channels. In my case, they kept insisting that the card offer I was shown was only valid for online orders. After wasting an hour's time, finally, when they applied my card in the swiping machine, the bill generated was inclusive of the discount.
I am not saying that this would have worked in your case also or it works every time but just an example of how sales people in places like Chroma and Rel Digi are - Absolutely clueless with zero product information.

Back