PC Peripherals Help needed on new rig

Prabhat

Disciple
I want to upgrade my machine. Following are on my wish list.

1. HDD 250-300 GB.
2. RAM 1 GB.
3. DVD Writer.

I would be grateful if you guys could help me by letting know the best prices for these in Mumbai. And ofcource location in Mumbai where I could get these.

Just for information, I have a P4, with 40 GB HDD, 756 MB RAM and a CD Writer and I want to upgrade HDD immidiately.

Thanks

Prabhat :hap5:

Well lamington road obviously, shop names i have no clue. Ask other mumbai members.

1)The price of the 250 and 300 GB seagates is 3.9k and 4.8k.

2)A single stick of 1 GB RAM is approx 3.8k and 2X512 MB around 4k. Look for Transcend/Twinmos or any other good brand.

3)A DVD Writer will cost around 2k. Benq and LG drives are recommended.

if your new here then.. lamington road is @grant road.. on the east side of the grant road station.. 2 min walk from the station..

you can chk out pc guide, medora, computer selection, prime and other shops for all your needs :)

These hdd and ram modules are probably only sata I/II and DDR 400. Does you comp have sata ports or even DDR ram slots, since it seems pretty old.

My machine is HCL Beanstaclk P4 2.4 GHz with HT technology. I purchased this 3 yrs back. I don't know much about the hardware. Could you please let me know how could I find these information about my machine.

The document which I got with my machine has some reference to these SATA and PATA. It says

PATA IDE Interface - PCI IDE Max. 4 UDMA 33/66/100
SATA IDE Interface - 2 X SATA (150) connectors.

On memory its says...
Memory - Max 4 GB (DDR 400/333/266 SDRAM)
Expansion Slots - 3 X PCI & 1 X AGP

Does this help?

Back