Android [Help Needed] Rooted my phone and now things are not so smooth.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
So a friend told me that he can root phones and said that he has rooted his and claimed that its much lighter now and "fast". I checked his phone and he also changed his launcher. However i didn't noticed any noticeable improvement in my usage then.
But since i have a crappy android phone and wanted to remove the bloatwares i agreed when he suggested that i root mine.
I don't know how he did it but I think that he used Framaroot and SuperUser. And with an app called System App Safe Remover i was able to remove all unwanted apps. He said that it needed to be rooted to be able to use that uninstalling app.
Now after all these were done i notice:
1. It freed up some RAM memory. Earlier i used to have just around 200MB free. After root i had 300-400MB.
2. Stock launcher has disappeared. New one sucks! Instead of swiping horizontally its now done vertically. Basicaly it takes more time.
3. My Torchlight app has disappeared! Its a very useful app which i use it every night and I need it. Now i have to unnecessarily open the camera, change it to video mode and turn on the Flash.
4. I also noticed that the games are lagging regularly now. It didn't lag as much before it was rooted. The phone gets slowed even when playing my card game. And sometimes the touch won't even work (a result of which i end up dying a lot of times in Zombie Tsunami :( ).

And now even the RAM usage is back to its old self ie. 200MB-300MB free. :/
btw i've also installed Google keyboard, except for the "spacebar" key which is too small and i end up touching the "/" a hell lot of times its great. Is there any way to increase the size of the spacebar key?

But alas one important thing which i didn't do (i forgot to do it since i was in a hurry): backup the stock softwares before the root!
I want to get everything back to its previous condition except the bloatwares (to be permanently removed). Will this be possible?

Phone is a crappy Panasonic P11 and running v4.1.2.

2. Stock launcher has disappeared. New one sucks! Instead of swiping horizontally its now done vertically. Basicaly it takes more time.
Which launcher is it? Most of the launcher has both the options (I can confirm that atleast GO Launcher and Nova has the option of Swiping horizontally or vertically) so check in your Launcher settings.
3. My Torchlight app has disappeared! Its a very useful app which i use it every night and I need it. Now i have to unnecessarily open the camera, change it to video mode and turn on the Flash.
There are tons of Torchlight applications available in Playstore and some of the even has a widget which when placed on the dekstop screen enables the torchlight with a single click. (Flashlight and Tesla LED apps are two among them, search it on playstore)
btw i've also installed Google keyboard, except for the "spacebar" key which is too small and i end up touching the "/" a hell lot of times its great. Is there any way to increase the size of the spacebar key?
No, You cannot increase the spacebar key, instead you can install Swiftkey or any other keyboard

I want to get everything back to its previous condition except the bloatwares (to be permanently removed). Will this be possible?

Because you have removed system apps and may be some other files so there's no easy way to go back to stock, you need to flash stock firmware (WHICH MAY WIPE YOUR WHOLE PHONE AND YOU MAY LOOSE ALL YOUR CONTACTS, MESSAGES, APPS & ITS DATA, PHOTOS & VIDEOS, if they are on your phone and not on SDCARD, So BACKUP THEM BEFOREHAND)

These are the links of the firmware I could find while quickly searching for your phone (Instructions are on that Page)
http://androidmtk.com/download-panasonic-stock-rom (Scroll down till you see your model)
http://firmwarefile.com/panasonic-p11
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f41...anasonic-all-official-stock-firmware-1897328/

How do i do that?
Btw should light games like card game and Subway surfer be even lagging on SD200 1.2GHz?

@mod thanks for the edit. Couldn't properly do it due to some problems.

Last edited:
Launcher is Nova launcher. The icons on the home screen changed back and forth to old style/nova. When i want the nova style i have to tap on the nova launcher app. Its not permanent (till user changed) though. No improvement on the performance or battery even though some apps and memory were freed with the root. Sigh.

Can't your friend help you with this.

You've learnt some important lessons with this adventure :)

Can't your friend help you with this.
I doubt it. Turned out that he was just a novice.
You've learnt some important lessons with this adventure :)
Yeah. But tbh i didn't expect much from this phone. It is also my FIRST android phone so you know...
I bought it 2 years ago for 6k and back then there wasn't any good phone in the market and no good deal on used good phones. Only the display is good. Everything else about it sucks.
The moment i buy a new phone I will use this one as a guinea pig till I brick it.

1. It freed up some RAM memory. Earlier i used to have just around 200MB free. After root i had 300-400MB.
That's positive.

4. I also noticed that the games are lagging regularly now. It didn't lag as much before it was rooted. The phone gets slowed even when playing my card game. And sometimes the touch won't even work (a result of which i end up dying a lot of times in Zombie Tsunami :( ).
Try clearing this apps cache or reinstall the game. Problem here is if there is no way to backup your progress you start from scratch again (!)

if you have more memory available then there is no reason to lag.

And now even the RAM usage is back to its old self ie. 200MB-300MB free. :/
So figure out which apps are running and disable or remove them.

i don't know if you need to go back to stock. you now have more freedom to mess around. Easier to diagnose & fix problems with root than without.

Back