Help Needed - Should I get Audio Interface for my Shure MV7 mic

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I will get to the pain. My audio sounds really bad on my setup. I have seen other people using this mic and they are having really good audio. e.g.
1) RakaZone gaming
2) Random postcast clip 1
3) Random video 2

Now on my side, I am on USB connectivity and not XLR. use Voice meter and OBS when using.
my noob audio sample from 2 years back! Is the problem related to settings in OBS? or XLR will help in quality and sharpness...

For Audio Interface I am planning of either:
1) MOTU M4 USB-C Audio Interface
2) Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 4th Gen

Oh, it sounds like a built in laptop mic! Are you sure in the settings you are selecting this mic? Doubt this would be the case as you are using OBS. What does the name of device show up as?

Oh, it sounds like a built in laptop mic! Are you sure in the settings you are selecting this mic? Doubt this would be the case as you are using OBS. What does the name of device show up as?
Its obs only! I think at that time I was having wrong filters added. but now the issue is I have to add software gains to have high audio adding noise. I also normally keep mic away form my face. nearly one hand distance. due to this I was wondering if audio interface will help or not to the level the YouTuber have their presence

Last edited:
I think you are using a noise reductor or something... however the audio itself has a lot of noise floor... that's why whenever you are talking you can hear a thin buzzing noise.

DM, maybe I can help you more?

Back