OC & Modding Help OC my E8400

tellanand

Disciple
Following are my RIG details: E8400 @ 3.0GHz, ABIT IP35-E, Transcend 2GB DDR2 RAM, EVGA 8800GT KO 256MB DDR3.

[1] Initially, I set the FSB:DRAM to 1:1.2; set the FSB to 390MHz and the proccy OC'ed to 3.5GHz very easily (@ stock CPU Core voltage). The RAM speed was showing up as 960MHz. I ran Crysis and it was stable.

[2] I set the FSB speed to 400 MHz, bumped up the core voltage by one step, made FSB:DRAM 1:1 and the proccy OC'ed to 3.6GHz without issues. THe RAM speed shows up as 800MHz in this case. (@ stock RAM voltage).

[3] Now with FSB:DRAM as 1:1, and Core Voltage bumped up one step, if I try to move anything beyond 400MHz FSB, the BIOS posts, but is not stable when I run Windows or Crysis - it just craps out. I tried bumping up RAM voltage one step - but no help.

Can someone help me figure out what I'm missing here?

regards
- Anand

I am not sure about the bios of IP35E, but increase CPU voltage by 1 or 2 notch, then increase ram volts by again 1 notch, then increase your NB volts by 1 or 2 notch. This usually should give you the necessary stability, still if you can link me to the bios screen of IP35E, will give you specific settings.

Back