Video Help ! Onida LEO40FC3D 3D TV 40inch, Half Screen got white !

sandymsu

Disciple
My Onida LEO40FC3D 3D TV 40inch, Half screen panel got white ! here is the >> product page
bought in late 2014.. till now working great... I don't know how it occurred, may be kids pushed the screen or something.
here is the photo and video link
Is it repairable ? or need replace the panel ? anyone know the cost of replacement of panel ? any suggestion will help!

1254.jpeg

Last edited:
many tv shop and other repair guy told me that it required panel change completely.
so after 10 days, found 1 guy online who do home visit for the tv repair. he came and opened the tv back cover and tried to check some of the capacitor/fuse with voltage meter. he found out 3-4 capacitor/fuse was not passing the required voltage. he just snap it out with wire cutter. and BOOM. my tv is working now... we paid 1000rs for repair + 300 visiting charge. he earlier asked for the 2500/- for the repair.

many tv shop and other repair guy told me that it required panel change completely.
so after 10 days, found 1 guy online who do home visit for the tv repair. he came and opened the tv back cover and tried to check some of the capacitor/fuse with voltage meter. he found out 3-4 capacitor/fuse was not passing the required voltage. he just snap it out with wire cutter. and BOOM. my tv is working now... we paid 1000rs for repair + 300 visiting charge. he earlier asked for the 2500/- for the repair.
neighbours' envy, owners pride.
9th year!

This is quite cheap as compared to a full blown panel replacement. :)

Waah, this is great! Even if a line appears or if the panel flickers for a moment due to loose cable, all these guys say is 'replace panel sir' only 30K for 50"

This guy should be on the hotdial . Share his contact.

Do you mind if we asked to post his number here and by chance you & repair guy both are from Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai Area.

Never call Onida Tech. for repair/service etc. if TV etc. out of warranty, I had very bad experience with them... my Onida CRT TV have 3 Yrs company warranty + 2 yrs extended = Total 5 Yrs and in 5 yrs, Onida Technician visited 10 times (2 time in a year) but NEVER ABLE to FIX the issue.

Onida even deploy a Sr.Engineer from their Chennai Branch to look out this TV unit issue and that so called Chennai based Engineer took TV PCB for 6 days at Company R&D Facility but failed to re-produce the issue and return same PCB saying no issue found.

.. and after 5 years ONIDA with folded hand refuse to extend warranty & offer paid visit (cost Rs.1000/- in 2011 per visit) and we left no choice but to call local but experienced TV Tech person and within 3 hrs. local tech person solved 5 yrs old issue (charges Rs.500/- only) and still in 2022 we are using 2002 Model running successfully.

Last edited:
Do you mind if we asked to post his number here and by chance you & repair guy both are from Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai Area.

Never call Onida Tech. for repair/service etc. if TV etc. out of warranty, I had very bad experience with them... my Onida CRT TV have 3 Yrs company warranty + 2 yrs extended = Total 5 Yrs and in 5 yrs, Onida Technician visited 10 times (2 time in a year) but NEVER ABLE to FIX the issue.

Onida even deploy a Sr.Engineer from their Chennai Branch to look out this TV unit issue and that so called Chennai based Engineer took TV PCB for 6 days at Company R&D Facility but failed to re-produce the issue and return same PCB saying no issue found.

.. and after 5 years ONIDA with folded hand refuse to extend warranty & offer paid visit (cost Rs.1000/- in 2011 per visit) and we left no choice but to call local but experienced TV Tech person and within 3 hrs. local tech person solved 5 yrs old issue (charges Rs.500/- only) and still in 2022 we are using 2002 Model running successfully.
I tried to contact ONIDA regarding this. they told me, 1100rs will be visiting charge + parts charges will be extra.. I hang-up LOL.. I am from Surat, Gujarat. The guy who repaired my tv is Vinod Malviay : 9898989235

Last edited:
Let me tell you full story, what happened on that day,

Me and my brother both trying to contact different different tv repair guy from last 10 days. we also tried to contact one of our relative guy(rajkumar) for the repair. the relative guy was ill and told us that he will come after some day. after waiting 5-7 days he is not answering the call.

so, I am searching other tv repair guy online and found vinod number(who repaired our tv) and called him, he said he will come around 4pm sunday. I am staying at 2nd floor and my tv is at 1st floor. At 4pm, as i am waiting for the guy. i saw one unknown bike in our parking lot. i went to the 1st floor, and i saw one guy already repairing the tv. (it was rajkumar, my relative guy). he didn't called us before coming & I didn't know he was already at our house as i am staying at 2nd floor.

instantly called vinod and told him don't come, we found another guy who is repairing our tv. vinod said WHATT ? i am coming to your house from so far and i am already reached at your home. i went to ground floor to talk with vinod and told him i will pay your visiting charges as you came from so far. he told me that i can wait until the rajkumar finish the repairing. he said don't reveal my identity to rajkumar. let see if rajkumar will repair it or not, if he is not able to repair, I will give a try and I am pretty sure i will repair it.

Rajkumar finished the repairing but not able to solve the issue.(he checked some cable, used alcohol to clean some wire and after 30 minutes he said he can't repair this tv here, he need to take this tv to the his shop) he said bring this tv to his shop tomorrow and left the house.

after he left, vinod opened the tv and rest is history....

Last edited:

Me and my brother both trying to contact different different tv repair guy from last 10 days. we also tried to contact one of our relative guy(rajkumar) for the repair. the relative guy was ill and told us that he will come after some day. after waiting 5-7 days he is not answering the call.

so, I am searching other tv repair guy online and found vinod number(who repaired our tv) and called him, he said he will come around 4pm sunday. I am staying at 2nd floor and my tv is at 1st floor. At 4pm, as i am waiting for the guy. i saw one unknown bike in our parking lot. i went to the 1st floor, and i saw one guy already repairing the tv. (it was rajkumar, my relative guy). he didn't called us before coming & I didn't know he was already at our house as i am staying at 2nd floor.

instantly called vinod and told him don't come, we found another guy who is repairing our tv. vinod said WHATT ? i am coming to your house from so far and i am already reached at your home. i went to ground floor to talk with vinod and told him i will pay your visiting charges as you came from so far. he told me that i can wait until the rajkumar finish the repairing. he said don't revel my identity to rajkumar. let see if rajkumar will repair it or not, if he is not able to repair, I will give a try and I am pretty sure i will repair it.

Rajkumar finished the repairing but not able to solve the issue.(he checked some cable, used alcohol to clean some wire and after 30 minutes he said he can't repair this tv here, he need to take this tv to the his shop) he said bring this tv to his shop tomorrow and left the house.

Mr. Vinod is not only Experienced but humble & gentlemen, as even after watching other Tech. person failed to repair your TV, he took 1300/- instead of Rs.2500/- what he actually quote for. Happy to hear/read this ....

instantly called vinod and told him don't come, we found another guy who is repairing our tv. vinod said WHATT ? i am coming to your house from so far and i am already reached at your home. i went to ground floor to talk with vinod and told him i will pay your visiting charges as you came from so far. he told me that i can wait until the rajkumar finish the repairing. he said don't revel my identity to rajkumar. let see if rajkumar will repair it or not, if he is not able to repair, I will give a try and I am pretty sure i will repair it.

Did he really cut capacitors and fuses? Because every capacitor and fuse have a function. Moreover cutting them only breaks the circuit making it non functional

Back