Help! Pepperfry returns

pauldmps

Skilled
I ordered a cutlery set for pepperfry.com only to find a spoon missing. I complained & they want me to ship the product myself as they do not have any pickup system.

Now, Bluedart (the courier by which they sent the package to me) asks for Rs. 600 to ship the package which is higher than the product value. As per pepperfry policies, they can pay at most Rs. 150 for return shipment.

The CS refuses to make any alternate arrangements. What should i do know ??

Why cant you send the package via any other courier. I'm sure there are alternative couriers who will send the package back for a lesser charge.

This must be a new one, spurred on by my case (probably). I had to return some broken furniture items and the courier bill alone was over 3k. To their credit, I promptly got the refunds for both the item and the courier. This seems to be another good reason to stay away from Pepperfry.

You can use India Post Registered Post
I guess, I will have to go for that option.

Why cant you send the package via any other courier. I'm sure there are alternative couriers who will send the package back for a lesser charge.

Well, am I supposed to be hunting for different courier companies around the city ?? Most sites usually schedule a pickup with their partner courier.

All this trouble for a spoon? Can't you just buy it separately? Would cost you the same as sending it back i guess...

And yeah, screw them on twitter, FB etc and don't buy again.

Well, am I supposed to be hunting for different courier companies around the city ?? Most sites usually schedule a pickup with their partner courier.

Well if you did not want to go through all of that you should have bought it from a shop nearby.. thereby avoiding all of this in the first place. Now its upto you how you wanna proceed.
And yes.. screw them on FB / Twitter.. apparently that matters to companies a lot these days.

@OP whats your city/location?

I only dealt once on pepperfry when it was started in 2011.

Ordered necklace and ring for my gf.

Necklace was good but the ring size was big so wasnt fitting properly.

Raised online issue with pepperfry. They called me immediately and asked me to pack the good as it was. They arranged a pickup themselves, the courier person came in 2 days, and got refund in 15 days.

Even Jabong doesn't have reverse pickup facility in Mumbai. And they refund 150 max.

So does yepme.

Its just their policy.

I will rate Yepme worst site. As whatever I ordered, they either sent me wrong item or my ordered items are always out of stock.
But they refund me full amount and also credit some discount coupons as an apology. But now since past a year I seldom shop on yepme due to these very reasons and very bad exp.

I ordered once on yepme, delivered within a day. But it didn't fit me, return cost me 150,which they gave via voucher, but refund took 2 months and a complaint on akosha.

Back