PC Peripherals Help please : Logitech Z-5500

iyengar

Adept
Hello all,
I really need your help / directions.

I have had this speaker system Logitech Z5500 for a very long time. Yesterday... while watching movie,. it went on mute. The error message i'm getting is "Mute on / Over temperature".

I don't see any heat or faulty in wires atleast visually. I'm really disturbed of loosing this and this was my first deal here in TE long time back @tommy_vercetti
I'm running around fanatically all over the city asking for any technician who can help... Any help/directions/advice is highly appreciated.
5017.jpg

google has lot of people with similar issue. see if something works for you

I remember having the same issue years ago. I did try on tech forums but none of the solutions worked for me then. Eventually bought a used control pod from OLX. There are different versions of the z5500 and the pods are not compatible with one another. Hope your issue resolves since a true replacement for this system is not available in the market now.

Exactly. The control pod are unique to its system. That’s business or curve ball from Logitech. My control pod PID-R852 is not available on OLX or eBay or online/offline. I’m messaging fanatically all the members of the forum and checking.

You guys are my last help. I’m really heart broken now…

If you cant find the pod, You may try to find a complete used set as replacement. Then later sell the sub and speakers. Someone with a working pod and dead sub/ satellites will
be on the lookout.

There are bypass cable available to solve this issue. Available in amazon.com, ebay and aliexpress. sadly not available in indian sites.
Before buying any replacement parts, First you need to be sure of your PID number of your Z550.

There are bypass cable available to solve this issue. Available in amazon.com, ebay and aliexpress. sadly not available in indian sites.
Before buying any replacement parts, First you need to be sure of your PID number of your Z550.

Having been serarching for my PID R852 fanatically... The speaker was almost part of my family and now I feel part of me is gone.... Heart broken is just a term and for me it's a blow by the unknown force.

Back