Help protect my PC cabinet from dust, kept very close to big Window max distance 14 inches.

Futureized

Skilled
Hello,
I have to ask a hardware engineer to clean my PC cabinet for dust every month.
PC is kept at a distance of max 14 to 16 inches.. Window is way to large.
Check atttached photos.

Please note: There is no other place to keep the cabinet as of now.. hence looking for some suggestions what can be done..

Attachments

• big windows.jpg
    big windows.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 99
  • PC kept near window distance less then 14 inch.jpg
    PC kept near window distance less then 14 inch.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 90
You are asking "protect me from getting old. " Which you can't. All you can do is clean it weekly as it's dust filter are very big. So with the inflow of air they attract dust. And front side also ther is a dust filter . Get a good air blower and clean it weekly. Or you can change the cabinet which doesn't have front air dust filter.

Hello,
I have to ask a hardware engineer to clean my PC cabinet for dust every month.
PC is kept at a distance of max 14 to 16 inches.. Window is way to large.
Check atttached photos.

Please note: There is no other place to keep the cabinet as of now.. hence looking for some suggestions what can be done..
My pc is also just next to huge slider windows + just outside my window is playground so you can imagine. Yet I only cleanse the cabinet from inside once in 3-4 months when I do vacuum cleaning job in the entire house.
Keeping cabinet under the desk itself is a poor idea as nor there is enough ventilation + anything gets dusty easily down there, so much that within 3 days you can see the effect unless its an AC room.

You are asking "protect me from getting old. " Which you can't. All you can do is clean it weekly as it's dust filter are very big. So with the inflow of air they attract dust. And front side also ther is a dust filter . Get a good air blower and clean it weekly. Or you can change the cabinet which doesn't have front air dust filter.
Will check for blower, (if you have suggestions for same kindly post)

Another issue with cabinet is, one side is made of toughened glass, I accidentally broke the same 3rd day I got cabinet.

But keeping same clean is important.
My pc is also just next to huge slider windows + just outside my window is playground so you can imagine. Yet I only cleanse the cabinet from inside once in 3-4 months when I do vacuum cleaning job in the entire house.
Keeping cabinet under the desk itself is a poor idea as nor there is enough ventilation + anything gets dusty easily down there, so much that within 3 days you can see the effect unless its an AC room.
What do you use to clean inside of cabinet?
If a blower kindly suggest

Will check for blower, (if you have suggestions for same kindly post)

Another issue with cabinet is, one side is made of toughened glass, I accidentally broke the same 3rd day I got cabinet.

But keeping same clean is important.

What do you use to clean inside of cabinet?
If a blower kindly suggest

if you have a vacuum cleaner, most of those have a reverse mode where they act as blowers. You may not need to buy a separate blower only for this purpose.

Don't use a vacuum cleaner on electronics - in vacuum mode, they can cause physical damage with huge suction power.

To keep the inside of the PC clean, you can try the following:
  • Keep the window closed when using the PC
  • Use good dust filters so that dust gets caught on it
  • Use fan controls and run cabinet fans at lower speed
  • Use more inflow fans than exhausts. This will ensure dust enters only from near the fans and not all crevices

No blower and vacuum cleaner
do you have a hair dryer with a cold shot? flow will be mild, but worth trying.

cold shot means only normal air - no heating is involved.

If you intend to buy a blower, they are useful not very frequently but still useful, look at small handheld ones like Stanley, available on Amazon.

in vacuum mode, they can cause physical damage with huge suction power.
Depends on how closely you do. Have been cleaning my all rigs wit vacuum cleaner since 18yrs now no issues no failures or havoc incidents whatsoever.

Just a caution: Never touch the vacuum tip to any of the components or any surface..

Depends on how closely you do. Have been cleaning my all rigs wit vacuum cleaner since 18yrs now no issues no failures or havoc incidents whatsoever.

Just a caution: Never touch the vacuum tip to any of the components or any surface..
risk is high if one is trying it for the first time. the temptation to "go deep" is always there. my suggestion was that POV.

"blower mode" is more than enough for most situations.

Back