Help Pune guys - shipping Bicycle to Bangalore

iyengar

Adept
Guys, would really appreicate if you could help me find a acceptable solution.
My friend from Pune would like to ship is bicycle *trek marlin 6* to bangalore and not able to find logistic company who can provide this service.

Anyone who have done this earlier or know and stuff like that.. please help

My friend from Pune would like to ship is bicycle *trek marlin 6* to bangalore and not able to find logistic company who can provide this service.

If your friend is comfortable with it then ask the volvo bus drivers. They regularly carry packages in the luggage compartment for people not on board.

If your friend is comfortable with it then ask the volvo bus drivers. They regularly carry packages in the luggage compartment for people not on board.

+1.
till some yrs back people used to get their bikes transported the same way (often many to b'luru). dont know if there's anything better available now, but no reason to believe this cost-effective & relatively safe way would be 'obsolete' now. partly disassemble it & pack properly, and should be good to dispatch. would also reach in no time from pune to b'luru.

its 50K bicycle... fear of bends or scratchs

Will check Volvo bus drivers and DTDC. Railway .. I have seen how "man" handled things.. That's a nightmare bro... All advice welcomed

Dude why not use buses going to bangalore? We shipped my cousins Yamaha bike through them only. Just had to reach the spot 2hrs early for packaging etc. It went in one piece and all safe. Bike is literally very easy to ship comparatively.
They might charge you pennies for bubble wrap/cardboard. The bus was boarded from Katraj (the huge boarding spot for bangalore wrt huge couriers etc.)
Remember, its first cum basis so as soon you are done booking the ticket either visit the counter in person or take assurance on phone else during boarding time you might be in queue as all of a sudden many passengers come up with huge luggage and even mopeds etc. Then your only option is to ship it via next bus or the other day. Charges again extra but not too much.

It's important to disassemble and pack properly. After that you can use many of the available transport services. I wish your friend would have kept the original packing. I bought my cycle from Delhi and then carried it, still packed in a volvo to Chandigarh. You can also use services of Safexpress or of the many transport providers. In this case, you will have to go to the transport depots of your city for pick-up and drop off. Last, but not least, you can use both railways and India post as well. All of these are the cheaper options. All you need to do is pack properly. Best would be to pack and then get a wood carton built around it. You would find people who do this near the transport area of your city.

It will be like transporting an ant via chopper! The above suggested bus transport methods are the cheapest and trusted.
You are wrong in this regard. Shared Transport services are the cheapest in India,apart from govt ones like Railways and India post.
You only pay a meagre sum for the space your package occupies in the whole truck. I've been using these services for over 5 years now, buying and transporting stuff from all over India.

National Bus Service has agreed for 2K
Checking alternatives and method to ship. Should i put them into peices or just bubble pack the bike is the question

National Bus Service has agreed for 2K
Checking alternatives and method to ship. Should i put them into peices or just bubble pack the bike is the question
The way a bike comes packed, is with front tyre, handle, seat post, pedals removed. That's how my bike was packaged. I believe in your case, it can be just bubble wrapped as it is as it will be coming via Volvo bus. If possible ask them to tie the cycle somehow in standing position in the luggage area. I would still say, that getting it packed inside a wooden carton will be the safest bet.

Get it crated and ship it by any of the road transporters.

Talk to any moving company in the city. They can point you to someone who does crating.

Back