Help required for retaining domain

yashvisent

Disciple
Hi friends,

One of my clients had the domain agile detect spyware removers at agilephoto.com from the last 10 years i.e. year 2000. Due to some unavoidable circumstances they were not able to renew this domain in the last january 2010.

But now they need to renew this domain and retain the same.

But now when you see the whois details it still shows the owner information of my clients and their complete contact details and also shows it’s expiry date as january 2011.

I contacted the person that had registered this domain they said that the domain has now gone to the registry and under his control. They told me to contact enom.com that now controls the domain.

Now my questions are
1. How do I get this domain back for them
2. The other person that registered the domain earlier is demanding Rs.15000 for renewing it. Which is quite out of budget for the client.
3. If they claim that the domain is expired then why does it shows the clients name on the whois page and why does it shows expiry date as january 2011

I'm not sure, but there's a period after the expiry of the domain, till when it can be renewed..you can contact the main seller and enquire, enom is a big player, they shud co operate..

i was told the grace period is around 30-45 days which is over by now cuz the expiration date was that of january 2010.

besides i am planning to write to enom but can anybody help with any contact or email info about enom.com so that i can get in touch with them.

something fishy from domain registrar or the person who manage same domain earlier. Contact enom first as soon as possible.

If domain registrar or reseller ask Rs.15000/- why don't you transfer same domain within time limit? any reason?

Every domain registrar or reseller minimum shoot 3 mails (first mail 90 days before expiring date, 2nd mail before 45 days, 3rd before 15 days) before domain get expires & 2 mails after it expires. Check where all those mails gone & why & how?

HTH

The enom reseller is asking little higher price.

It should be around Rs. 3500/-

But that price actually depend on enom. So, enom reseller may be right with the asking price.

Actually you get 30-45 days after domains expire to renew the domain at normal price. After that domain is deleted, and restore price of domain name is always high.

Now you cannot transfer domain name to any other registrar.

You have two options:

1) wait for few days, when domain is again available for new registration, buy it as fresh new domain name.

2) Pay Rs. 15K to get domain restored.

Thanks for the replies

I got in touch with enom to which to replied to contact their reseller thru whom i had registered initially. Which i did again and they said that it is actually enom that is demanding 14500 for retaining the domain as enom still has the control over that domain.

my reseller also said that in a few days the domain will be lost even by them and then enom will be the sole owner.

they further suggested to register a new domain instead (with a similar name)

or wait till the domain name becomes free which would probably be by next year after january 2011.

the client is not ready to pay 15000. any other way ?

btw i also suggested them to book new domain with a similar name

Back