HELP - Restore Pogoplug E02 to pogo software

kuduku

Skilled
Hi
I have Pogoplug Pink E02 with uboot and archlinux / debian , have both
Want to restore it back to Pogolug default software . Pogo already has a serial port PL2303 soldered to it so serial connection no issues
I have checked net but havent found a working solution

If any one can help me out . I can also ship the pogo if required

check on forum.doozan.org.
they can give you instructions and also supply with original firmware.

pogo company has closed down. if you flash the firmware, the plug wont be able to go to their site to get ssh port open. if you have problems with it, just flash newer debian build on it.

edit: isnt the original firmware on its rom chip? if you remove the usb flash drive with debian or arch, the plug will boot into the original os automatically.

the uboot just makes a pointer to the flash drive with a label on it to boot into debian or arch. it does not modify the original pogo plug software.

check on forum.doozan.org.
they can give you instructions and also supply with original firmware.

pogo company has closed down. if you flash the firmware, the plug wont be able to go to their site to get ssh port open. if you have problems with it, just flash newer debian build on it.

edit: isnt the original firmware on its rom chip? if you remove the usb flash drive with debian or arch, the plug will boot into the original os automatically.

the uboot just makes a pointer to the flash drive with a label on it to boot into debian or arch. it does not modify the original pogo plug software.
had installed rescue system so original is gone
Not much help on doozan for restoring back to Pogo original software

As @6pack said, I dont see the point of going back to stock - any particular reasons?
No use in debian in download and these days dont have much time to manage this
With default pogo atleast would have got a 4 port sharing box
And with these old hardware upgrading is a pain . Most of the time the upgrades have been giving issues to me ...

you can use samba to share all 3 usb ports on your current os too. what trouble are you facing? before my pogo died, i was using it to share 3 drives of 1TB each on my lan. plus samba used smb2 so no worry during that windows smb malware outbreak.

i have my old pogo plug black e02 firmware. i don't know if it can be flashed on e02 pink. there is lot of possibility of the plug dying during flashing due to chip corruption. my plug's chip got bad errors due to age and died during flashing new uboot on it. so if you have a working plug, don't break it if it works, just use it.

you can use samba to share all 3 usb ports on your current os too. what trouble are you facing? before my pogo died, i was using it to share 3 drives of 1TB each on my lan. plus samba used smb2 so no worry during that windows smb malware outbreak.

i have my old pogo plug black e02 firmware. i don't know if it can be flashed on e02 pink. there is lot of possibility of the plug dying during flashing due to chip corruption. my plug's chip got bad errors due to age and died during flashing new uboot on it. so if you have a working plug, don't break it if it works, just use it.
Its having issues due to update , Didnt have time to sort it out and kept it to a side
Seems time to setup debian from Doozan again .Will check about compatibility of Black and pink versions
Need to login and check the issues . Will post if face any issues
Thanks for the help

Back