PC Peripherals Help select between these cabinets

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I'm almost done acquiring all components for my gaming rig.
However, confusion hovers over cabinet selection.

Need help to clear the air and nail down on one of these.

Budget: up to 9k.

Preferences:
  • Both L/R sides transparent or front/right side
  • 3 x 3.5 in HDD bays + option to add one more HDD bay for 2 drives
  • Good Air flow with Cable management system
Accordingly have shortlisted the below cases. (In order of fulfilling above criteria)
  • Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB Cabinet
  • NZXT H510 Elite
  • Phanteks Eclipse P400 Air D-RGB
  • Phanteks Eclipse P400 (E-ATX)
  • Deepcool GamerStorm Macube 550
  • Fractal Design Meshify C
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2

Last edited:
Most cases these days come with only 2 x 3.5 slots due to the form factor.
The Macube has 4 afaik but also has bad airflow.
Best option will be Phanteks P400a, it comes with 2 x 3.5 but you can buy separate brackets to accommodate another 4 HDDs.

Its doesnt match my requirement of 3 x 3.5 in HDD bays.
Man
Go with SATA III SSDs instead of normal HDDs so that you don't need more 3.5 inch bays rather 2.5 inch bays are sufficient which are already provided these days because of the shift into that form factor.

Meshify C supports 2 x 3.5" HDD bays. You might want to up the budget and check the Fractal Design Define 7XL series.

Man
Go with SATA III SSDs instead of normal HDDs so that you don't need more 3.5 inch bays rather 2.5 inch bays are sufficient which are already provided these days because of the shift into that form factor.
I have 9 hdds and just for the case makes no sense investing/shifting to ssds.

Meshify C supports 2 x 3.5" HDD bays. You might want to up the budget and check the Fractal Design Define 7XL series.
All the above shortlisted ones support 2 or more hard drives.
I thought you 2 or 3 HDDs so shifting is easy
If you 9 HDDs then you need to get a full tower case which will accommodate all your HDDs.
Lol no! What I mean is 9 hdds are there but 4 are used as backup while 5 run full time in my pc. I can compromise either 1 or 2of them. Already have 2 ssds so I will be using either: 2 ssds + 3 or 4 hdds.
For the hdds I might buy additional enclosures for 2 extra and sit them besides the existing ones though this is possible only in few of the above cases.

Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh - 3 x 3.5" drives and 6 x 2.5" drives (2 on backside of Motherboard, 2 on bottom side panel and 2 on the PSU shroud) simultaneously.
So 9 drives in total. This is what I am going with.
Black one costs 7,600 and White one going for 7,700. There's also a version that has the Front I/O Type C, which goes for 8,000 & 8,300 on MDComputers.

Lancool 2 Mesh is your best choice. There is good airflow in it, I mean in this winter, GPU idles at 28 C..Also it tops lot of charts of low temps even in different fan configurations, GPU and CPU stress tests. Havent checked HDD temps though.. I have 2 HDDs and planning for one more. The case also looks good and can last few builds easily. Cable management is decent , Id say 4/5.
Since industries are moving towards SSDs, cases are keeping up with trend and have less HDDs options. You can try to mod and squeeze in one more bay

IMO, buying a case with good airflow AND an effective dust filter is a much better idea, even if it is more expensive.
It serves a lot more practical use than RGB vanity and pure airflow cases.
My friends transparent case looks like the dust bag of a vacuum cleaner after a year.

IMO, buying a case with good airflow AND an effective dust filter is a much better idea, even if it is more expensive.
It serves a lot more practical use than RGB vanity and pure airflow cases.
My friends transparent case looks like the dust bag of a vacuum cleaner after a year.
Of course all in one feature is what I'm eyeing but merely a tin looking box like some dark server is something I wouldn't prefer.
Lets say ,how much aesthetc you are ? Would say 8/10 ....
???
How much is the visibility. Is it darkish like sunglasses etc.
Just want to know the comparison between clear ones and tinted ones.

Last edited:
Back