Storage Solutions Help to buy new HDD under 5-6K

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Hi,

I have internal 1 TB HDD (WD Green) and its almost full and i have lots of important stuffs that i dont want to lose and want to store somewhere else. Recently i had upgraded my PC except the old HDD. As we know that gaming PC requires faster performance HDDs like WD Black n bla bla.

So here i have 2 options to decide:
1) Buy new Internal HDD which will be more faster for Gaming and i will Convert my OLD HDD to External One.
2) Buy new External HDD (Desktop-External Powered) which will store my existing data for storage purpose and keep my old HDD as it is.

Please suggest me the best solution in this scenario. If you guys have any other solution then pleas let me know.

my max tight budget is 5-6K

Note: I am not interested in Portable 1 TB drive.

Please help thanks in advance.

The decision of internal Vs External is entirely upto you.
I would say get WD 1tb Blue Internal for Games - around 4k cost.
Also 2tb external should be around 6k.

Can anybody reply on my last reply.. Plz..

also can you guys tell me. If i buy External Enclosure/Case for internal HDD then is it safe for internal HDD.

Please reply..

Thanks in Advance

It won't slow down your pc. Windows will power down the disk after few minutes of inactivity.
External case whether its safe or not depends entirely on the way you handle it. If you drop the case with hdd inside, obviously don't expect the hdd to work. The only shortcoming would be that you will be accessing the external drive through USB interface and speed will be limited to USB 2/3 speeds.

If you want to go for case select Transcend USB 2/3 casing around 2k. They are good. They have Fan as exhaust.
Also Your Green is specifically designed for data storage rather than an active HDD. I would suggest that you keep the WD Blue inside and green as data storage.

Forgot to mention this. Whether you buy an internal or external drive, don't delete your important stuff from old hdd after you've copied it to the new one. Keep the stuff in both hdd's if possible. New hdd might fail within months so keeping extra copies of important stuff in different disks is the best thing to do.

Forgot to mention this. Whether you buy an internal or external drive, don't delete your important stuff from old hdd after you've copied it to the new one. Keep the stuff in both hdd's if possible. New hdd might fail within months so keeping extra copies of important stuff in different disks is the best thing to do.

Ok Sorry guys for the late Reply..

I will buy new Internal HDD i.e. WD Blue. I will keep my main storage in Green and i will use WD Blue for different purpose like Games and VPCs n all dat.

Thanks for the suggestions and Support.

Back