OC & Modding Help to mod a Logitech G9x Mouse

Udit

Skilled
I'm very scared currently regarding something
I use a Logitech G9x & it's dpi is proving low as I can move the mouse only 0.5 inch to 1 inch
I got a Roccat Kone Pure in February 2013 & couldn't move it as too heavy

Then I e-mail logitech:
Hello I'm Udit Agarwal from Kolkata, India & I suffer from Duchenne muscular dystrophy due to which I'm bedridden & have very little movement & strength left only in my right hand so only the Logitech G9x suits me because of the light weight & small size but since Duchenne muscular dystrophy gradually degrades the muscles the 5700dpi of the G9x is turning out to be insufficient for me nowadays. So I wanted to make a request that is it possible to upgrade the G9x to 8200dpi like the G500 & G700 were updated to G500s & G700s. I really want to continue using the computer as it is my only link to the World now & without the mouse it will be impossible to use the computer.

They Reply:
Dear Udit,
Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care.
I do apologize for the inconvenience you are having right now. I understand that you are having an issue with your Logitech G9 Laser Mouse. It seems that you have an inquiry. I'm glad to assist you with your concern. My name is Francis, and for future follow-ups, here is your reference number 130803-000382.
Udit, we cannot process your request. The G500 and G700 is the upgraded version for the G9x Mouse. This feature cannot be included in the G9x. Hoping for your understanding.

I got a Razer Taipan today & couldn't move it as it's too big

I'm worried now that if my Logitech G9x dies & I RMA it I'll get a different model as the G9x is discontinued.

Nothing is as light & tiny as a Naked (without the included Shells & Weights) G9x

Naked G9X Specifications:
Weight: 85 grams
Length: 3.98 inches
Width: 2.85 inches
Height: 1.43 inches

So I want to know that is there any modder here who can put the sensor of a Logitech G500s into the body of a Logitech G9x

Dear Udit,
So you want G500s sensor to be installed into G9x..
Give me some time ..
First let me figure it out whether it's possible or not...
Second, You have Roccat Kone too.. but it's heavy.. if it's weight is reduced can it be help full..

I can try and hope can result to something help full.

Regards
Rakesh Sharma

I already got a razer taipan sensor put in the g9x body by a German modder.
I sold the Kone.
In the future if I need it done again I'll ask you.
Thanks Bro.

Nice to hear that you already have a solution.

Sensors PCB and their layout on G9x and G500s are very different
So sensor transfer is not possible. Please have a look. G9x is having a single big PCB where G500s have two small boards.

24u1.jpg

Only possibility is reducing Weight is by removing cartage holder and mountings from inside of G500s will reduce some weight. Can also file off some plastic from inner surface of the mouse too.

putting the PCB of one mouse into another - is doable, but a few mismatches will happen - the lens and PCB mounting of the sensor will not have the same alignment as the original mouse - impact of this will be negligible as these sensors are not that sensitive, and can work even if this changes.
The bigger problem will be the alignment of the microswitches and the mouse buttons. This also can be achieved with some internal jugaad, but will impact the tactile feel.

Other option is to use the microswitches and PCB part of the other mouse where the microswitches are mounted, and then wire them to the PCB of the mouse you like (will cause some added weight) but tactile feel will be perfect.

Back