Help To Upgrade Wifi Office

Present : 18 Sytems [Desktop and Laptop] are interconneted with wired lan and switch. All are running at 100mbps & connected to broadband for Internet.

Now Just use Wlan cards on Desktops and a WiFi Router Cum Modem will work for Lan and broadband internet access ?

Will All the user get same performance as getting in wired lan ?

Recommend Brand of Router Cum Modem and Wlan Cards for Highest Performance ?

performance, no. you will get ~11MBps in real life with g , and maybe double that with draft n equipment, which is nowhere near the ~80 you get with 100 MBps LAN.

you can add wi fi to the existing infrastructure to enable it for laptops , but replacing... do you really need to ?

greenhorn said:
performance, no. you will get ~11MBps in real life with g , and maybe double that with draft n equipment, which is nowhere near the ~80 you get with 100 MBps LAN.
you can add wi fi to the existing infrastructure to enable it for laptops , but replacing... do you really need to ?
i agree with greenhorn. :)
leave the desktops wired. you can go for Wireless for laptops.

andrew327 said:
If Speed is your priority u can switch to wireless but as other users said, DO u really need to go wireless ???
Sorry, use wi-fi improves performance (speed) of lan and internet access ?

andrew327 said:
If Speed is your priority u can switch to wireless but as other users said, DO u really need to go wireless ???

Sorry That was a typo :ashamed: what i meant was "If Speed is not your priority" , Making desktop wireless makes no sense, if only cabling is difficult. I would also suggest as others, keep laptop & those machines which ares having cabling issues [and if data transfer speed is not important for those machines] u can keep them wireless....

I would like to know why do u want to make desktop wireless when they are already wired together ????????????? [Might help u better]

Back