[Help]V2P Migration

ksanket

Disciple
As the topic says i want to migrate a virtual system on to a physical machine i have a server 2003 vmware image currently i didnt got any good solution for this if any one have tried please help out

y dont you try acronis image backup.even norton ghost can be handy. Use acronis cd to boot copy the image of drives and later restore them on physical machine.

i tried acronis but didn't found the option to convert V2P directly is there any specific ver that does it no experience on nortan ghost what i got in mind is to boot the guest os and install acronis in it and then take a backup image on a shared folder and restore it but it seems to be lengthy process any thing shorter would be nice

i doubt there is any shorter version of that (provided you have got support from vmware)

Any way you can do one thing acronis does support SMB/CIFS network protocol.(NFS and FTP is still not supported)

So you first boot from acronis cd .Copy c: and d: drives using SMB/CIFS share.

It useally take lesser space if you choose compression method.

For example i managed to compressed my c drive to 2 GB (Actual used space was 5 gb/30 gb).

Best of luck till now i dont have any other clue but this will work .

thanks 4 replying both of u

i was able to restore the image using a third party tool named winima85 and was near to successful enough in the restoration but the image seem to be having problem at 27% also will be trying paragon virtual manager also i will update the result

Back