Mac OS Help with Hackintosh Drivers for Z77 Motherboard

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Jun 3, 2007
Kalyan, Mumbai
Hi guys,

If you know, i recently purchased an i7 2600k build, installed & used Windows 7 for a week, but got my hands on a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 from a friend & wanted to try it. I was able to install the OS on a Separate Hard drive. after installing i used multibeast to install Drivers, I first installed the Sound Drivers only & it was working fine, played music for a few mins. Then i rebooted & installed network Drivers & network was working, but couldn't get display to work. i tried a few things from the internet like CUDA Drivers etc. & managed to get Display working with the correct resolution & detection of my graphics card, but that broke the Sound Drivers, And after that have installed Mac OS X over & over again for more than 5 times to get sound card to work & i have not been able to do get it working everything else works fine & I can't figure out what i am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am really looking forward to working on a Mac on day-to-day basis.

so what do need to do to get the sound card working

My Motherboard is ASUS P8Z77V-Pro, with Realtek ACL892 onboard sound, also i have a D-Link DFE-520TX PCI LAN Card would be great if i can get drivers for that.

Let me know if you need more information.

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Jun 3, 2007
Kalyan, Mumbai
System is stable, ran a few benchmarks, stress tests etc & no issues, only Sound & USB 3 ports are not working... i guess will have to wait till Apple starts launching Z77 Chipset / Ivy Bridge iMac's

ronnie_gogs

Morphing from a Geek to a Nerd
Skilled
Nov 25, 2007
Singapore
www.discoveringrc.com
Yeah you have to wait for stuff to come out from Apple.... Normally hackintosh are built from stuff which might work with Apple OS... Trying the other way round might not work properly sometimes...

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Jun 3, 2007
Kalyan, Mumbai
was able to get sound working with VoodooHDA but a lot of disturbance in the sound & volume is not clear at full volume.
sad.gif

-Update-

Ok now this time after format, i installed sound drivers again & now i have audio & internet working fine, so i am wondering if installing Display Drivers corrupts the Sound.

Right now the sound is perfect no noise / hissing / disturbance, should i install Display drivers now?

----update---

can i use time machine to backup my current working state of audio & all programs that i am installing, then if display breaks the Audio drivers can i use time machine to go back to the previous state?

-update-

Ok So now i have a 100% working & stable Mac OS X 10.7.3 with the exception of USB 3.0 ports which is on ASMedia Controller other than that, I was able to get everything working. Spent whole weekend to get it to work & now i have it working finally.

Both Display Screen started working as well, just added a NVenabler Kext.