Help with insuring courier package!

Anish

Skilled
Hey guys, I'm trying to get an iPhone shipped from Mumbai to Goa. Now the phone does not have the original box since it was discarded due to customs.

I checked with Jet Airways Cargo (Same day delivery) and they do insure packages for 0.5% of the value but do not insure electronics.

So any other companies that will insure the package?

Thanks a lot for the help!

You'll have to call the insurance companies as they can only give you an idea.

I shipped cargo worth 85k from Bangalore to Pune, Weight was 150 kg volumetric. Insured for 200 bucks from my dad's office.

I will ask him and let you know the company's name

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

NAV33N said:
i think Bluedart insures the package,even cellphones..
Only upto a value of 5000

BlueDart insures packages but is expensive. Ive shipped about 4-5 phones costing 20-30k each on various ocassions using Bluedart for 300-500 bucks without any insurance.I seal the package with tape on all sides and sign it as well so that there's no way someone can tamper with it .Bluedart is very professional and I don't think there are any chances of the phone being flicked in their hands :p.

Other option is to use Dtdc plus or Dtdc blue premium shipping services. Insured till 25k value.

Overnight express and Tnt has tamperproof packaging for mobiles specifically. Their mobile shipping services are good.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk Pro.

Oh Nice! Thanks for the Info.
Bty how does this thing work? I mean does the sender go to the Airport to Drop the Parcel and then the reciever has to pick it from the Airport or is it a Door to Door Delivery Model.
I ask this cuz i read abt the KF Service but it was a Airport to Door(reciever) Type service i think.

never tried jet. But kingfisher has door to door service. Same day delivery anywhere in India on jet flight destinations if booked before 10AM.

So in a way this is better than Blue Dart/DTDC rite?

Though i knw this that DTDC dsnt provide the Blue and Plus service in every city. Even in a city/state the service is pin code dependent, i knw this cuz the DTDC guy showed me this on their Billing/Service Software wherein you enter the Pincode and it lists down the services available to/fro in that Area

Jet charged 1k plus 150 bucks insurance for a declared value of 30k.

You basically go to the cargo office at the airport and book your package in. The receiver can pick it up from the cargo office in the other city or wait for a door delivery.

Works best for airports that are connected by direct daily flights since it takes the flight time + 1-2 hours for arrival.

DTDC provides Plus and Blue at very limited branches and franchise locations even in Mumbai. So that is the big problem with it.

DTDC is cheaper but in Mumbai even going two or three suburbs from your location ( less than 10km ) can mean travel of 1 hour. SO it is not really an option for many even in big cities.

This is where Kingfisher comes into picture. I started shipping expensive items using kingfisher few days back. And so far so good. I still use DTDC for most stuff but this is very good express alternative if you want a door to door service.

And they take exceptional care of the package. I couldnt believe the condition of one package i shipped to Chandigarh. It was big package (speakers ) in 1 day flat using normal delivery. Best part is that their rates are for 10kg. so it turns out cheaper than DTDC when you want to ship heavy stuff. Do give it a try.

^ thats what i said in my previous post. The Blue and Plus service is not available in every city or even if available in a city is pincode dependent :p ...

Bty shripad you mentioned that KF has two types of Services like Same DAy delivery and some other. Whats the other type of delivery and what are the charges for it. Also do these ppl pick it up from you house?
I am thinkging of using this service to send items like PS3,Xbox ,Phones in the near future since they take very good care of the packages :)

Back