CPU/Mobo Help with Motherboard

sam_luv

Recruit
Could someone please suggest me which motherboard to go with?
I need one which is compatible with both Core 2 Duo (E4500) and Quad process. It should also be compatible with Win 7 and it needs to be INTEL motherboard.

Please do help. This would be my first purchase for my computer from my pocket. :)

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

in DDR2 Giagbyte G31m-es2l 2.3K
in DDR3 Giagabyte G41m-es2l 3.3K ( but DDR3 1066 MHz default)

These are budget mATX mobos, with only two RAM slots.

tell us your budget

Thanks for the reply ashish.

My Budget is up to Rs. 6000 for new motherboard. I had D945GCPE board which crashed yesterday. I will be purchasing Quad (at least 2.8 or 3GHZ..if possible) Processor in April. I currently have E4500 Core 2 Duo Processor 2.20 GHZ. That is why I need a board which is compatible with my current and the future processor that I am looking to purchase. I would prefer a board with DDR2 slot for RAM

I was looking at the following boards:

DG45ID

DG41RQ

DG35DP

Do you have any ideas about these boards? If you have any other suggestion please let me know.

If any other information is required pleade do let me know. I am not much of a techy when it comes to hardware, so don't know what other information you require.

actually sam is looking for intel motherboards so price range of those would be helpful and the ones that he is asking for :-

DG45ID
DG41RQ
DG35DP

@ rahulyo

Thanks for your suggestions buddy. I appreciate it. But I do not want ASUS. I am looking for an INTEL motherboard.

I have found that following boards are compatible with Core 2 Duo, Quad and Win 7.

Could some share some light on these boards as in which would be best based on my budget. I don't plan to play big and heavy games. Just day to day work, watching movies and playing music. The system remains on for 24x7.
Intel® Desktop Board DG41TY
Intel® Desktop Board DG41MJ
Intel® Desktop Board DQ45CB
Intel® Desktop Board DG45ID
Intel® Desktop Board DG41RQ

@ops - rahulyo is right, dont buy intel original boards, they are overpriced, you get much better features with same price from gigabyte, msi or asus.

Go with the gigabyte G31m-es2l, its a VFM board with good overclocking options.

Also intel mobo RMA is a pain.

g2 said:
@ops - rahulyo is right, dont buy intel original boards, they are overpriced, you get much better features with same price from gigabyte, msi or asus.

Go with the gigabyte G31m-es2l, its a VFM board with good overclocking options.

Also intel mobo RMA is a pain.

gigabyte G31m-es2l...a good buy..save the remaining money n enjoy

What RAM do you intend to use with this motherboard?

DDR2 = Gigabyte G31M ES2L
DDR3 = Gigabyte G41MT ES2L / MSI P43-C51 (if you're buying higher spec,1600Mhz RAM)

All these boards are based on Intel Chipsets with added features. You are getting added features w/o losing any. Both the gigabyte boards are proven performers with excellent reliability.

Back