Audio Help With My Setup -Headphones Required

gursud

Disciple
Guys i am look out for headphones for both music and movies with usage ratio of 40:60 respectively. Both open and closed will do. I need to connect these to PS3 as well. Since Connecting to PS3 is not a direct way i need to use RCA to female converter.This will make me have my headphones connected without colume control. So i need a fiio amp with volume controller.

So my dilemma is What HPs should i get?With RCA and amp would i be able to get excellent SQ from PS3.

The cans that are in consideration are Ad700 and M50. I am open for any other options as well especially from Sennheisers.Budget is around 8K for headphones and for DAC around 5K.

Did anyone connected any of these high end Headphones to PS3 and attained desired level of sound quality.?

Budget: 8K for HP and 5K for Amp

Source: PC with xonar DG,Cowon J3 and PS3

Must have: deep bass. I am using Brainwavz M2 and sunrise Xape IE. So i expect the bass should be of more quality than this.Decent soundstage.

I f i am expecting more in my limited budget i can reduce from amp and add it to headphones.

A dac/amp with optical input will work for you, someting like the ibass d10.RCA and amp is not a very good idea .

HD555 and AD700 are very good starter headphones for movies and gaming.

A dac/amp with optical input will work for you, someting like the ibass d10.RCA and amp is not a very good idea .

HD555 and AD700 are very good starter headphones for movies and gaming.

Thanks for the suggestion but where to get ibass d10?

.D10 seems to discontinued and D12 costs 280$. So what i need is now a DAC/AMP with optical input that can be connected to my headphones.Budjet around 4K.

BTW i have decided to choose between 558 and AD 700. Suggestions are always welcome.

Between the HD555 and AD700, i can assure the AD700 wins by a huge margin.

Between the M50 and AD700, again the latter suits your needs better as gaming and movies require wide soundstage.

Now, since the amp will not have a considerable affect on AD700's output, you can think about skipping the amp and investing the money elsewhere (maybe AD900? or more PS3 games? etc.)

Between the HD555 and AD700, i can assure the AD700 wins by a huge margin.

Between the M50 and AD700, again the latter suits your needs better as gaming and movies require wide soundstage.

Now, since the amp will not have a considerable affect on AD700's output, you can think about skipping the amp and investing the money elsewhere (maybe AD900? or more PS3 games? etc.)

Yeah but i need an Amp/dac because i need to connect these headphones to PS3. Though RCA female to 3.5mm female adapter is an option i read somewhere that these adapters doesn't give best out of you headphones/PS3. I have almost zeroed on AD 700.

Someone who has connected Headphones/Speakers to Ps3 please suggest what would be the best option?RCA female to 3.5mm female adpater or Dac/Amp with optical input?

Back