Budget 21-30k Help with Ryzen Build

lanny25

Disciple
Questions

1. What is your budget?
    • 30K (Slightly expandable)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • Monitor- LG 24MP59G
    • SSD - Samsung PM961 NVMe M.2 512GB
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • Monitor- LG 24MP59G
    • SSD - Samsung PM961 NVMe M.2 512GB
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Motherboard - Looking for features like 2.5GBe and USB C for future proofing.
    • GPU - Anything as cheap as possible for now considering the absurd pricing which would not be a bottleneck in daily usage (Can compromise not playing GTA V for a few months on this if required)
    • PSU -
    • SMPS
    • Case - Not a fan of LEDs and would prefer opaque cases (If those are still a thing) rather than Transparent ones.
    • RAM
    • Anything else required to get it up and running
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6-12 months
    • GPU
    • 4k Monitor within 1-2 years
    • Want to build this as future ready as possible as I plan to use this for atleast the next 5 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Casual Gaming (GTA V) not the main purpose though
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing - I Extensively advanced Excel and Microsoft Power BI
    • Watching HD movies - Youtube, Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar, Torrents
  9. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
    3. Would be upgrading to a 4k Monitor 1-2 years down the line.
  10. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  11. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
Hey Guys. This is my first attempt at a build by myself. Want to build a PC for personal use. Already have a Ryzen 3600 from a friend. . Usage is pretty basic, Would be extensively using this for Browsing and Online OTT entertainment and some casual gaming like GTA V.

Last edited:
You need to match your expectations with your budget. For the features that you are looking for, 30K just seems enough for a motherboard, PSU and RAM. I will give some options here, please choose if you feel they are alright
Fractal Meshify 2 has front USB C but it is expensive - https://amzn.to/3moIJAB
Silverstone 600W PSU - https://amzn.to/3rPDU4o
Corsiar 8GB 3200 Mhz RAM - https://amzn.to/39DAyLg
Motherboard - https://amzn.to/3ueUY59 does not have 2.5GBe but has wifi and is cheap

Last edited:
You need to match your expectations with your budget. For the features that you are looking for, 30K just seems enough for a motherboard, PSU and RAM. I will give some options here, please choose if you feel they are alright
Fractal Meshify 2 has front USB C but it is expensive - https://amzn.to/3moIJAB
Silverstone 600W PSU -https://amzn.to/3rPDU4o
Corsiar 8GB 3200 Mhz RAM - https://amzn.to/39DAyLg
Motherboard - https://amzn.to/3ueUY59 does not have 2.5GBe but has wifi and is cheap
Thanks for the recommendations buddy. Meanwhile I've been doing my own research as well and have realized the same thing that things like 2.5GBe and USB C can be left for the next time in interest of my budget :) .

Can you please suggest something cheaper for the case since I've decided to leave out the USB C part, the difference I'll invest in a used cheap GPU for now. I see Lianli Lancool 215 being a popular option but dont want any LED stuff, can the LEDs be disabled?

You can exclude 2.5GbE, but maybe you'll be able to accomodate USB-C. Corsair 4000d that I'm considering comes with a front USB-C. If only Lancool 2 mesh came with a USB-C cable instead of it being optional for the front panel, they have a placeholder type C port in the front.

Thanks for the recommendations buddy. Meanwhile I've been doing my own research as well and have realized the same thing that things like 2.5GBe and USB C can be left for the next time in interest of my budget :) .

Can you please suggest something cheaper for the case since I've decided to leave out the USB C part, the difference I'll invest in a used cheap GPU for now. I see Lianli Lancool 215 being a popular option but dont want any LED stuff, can the LEDs be disabled?
I think they can be disabled. However if you want to save some money, go for Chiptronex HX1000. I have built a computer in the case and it is a good case for the money. comes with 3 fans at the front, 1 fan at the back, front is full grill so allows for good air flow and a glass side panel for 3800 Rs. https://amzn.to/3meHDY3 RGB can be disabled by not connecting the SATA power cable of the fans to the PSU

so what is your current board case and GPU ,because a game like GTA V aat 1080p could be easily played on gtx 970 as well which are being sold here in around 7.5 to 8 , you might even get lucky with 1060 ,rx580 etc

i dont see any logic with 2.5 gb ethernet port as india doesnt have maintream usage of 2.5 gb switches ,until and unless you have own LAN wherein you would be pushing that kind of data ,for usb C you could just by front I/O

so what is your current board case and GPU ,because a game like GTA V aat 1080p could be easily played on gtx 970 as well which are being sold here in around 7.5 to 8 , you might even get lucky with 1060 ,rx580 etc

i dont see any logic with 2.5 gb ethernet port as india doesnt have maintream usage of 2.5 gb switches ,until and unless you have own LAN wherein you would be pushing that kind of data ,for usb C you could just by front I/O
Dont have any Board/Case/GPU at the moment, will most probably be going with what @vaibhavyagnik suggested. Have been using Laptops since 2010, my last desktop was a Pentium 4 :p . I was visiting a friend and he had this Ryzen lying around since he was able to sell the remaining components locally and that is why I have a Processor already.

Have abandoned both 2.5Gbe and USB C requirements for now as anyways AM4 will be obsolete pretty soon now and by the time I think about an upgrade these should be much more mainstream than they are right now.

Dont have any Board/Case/GPU at the moment, will most probably be going with what @vaibhavyagnik suggested. Have been using Laptops since 2010, my last desktop was a Pentium 4 :p . I was visiting a friend and he had this Ryzen lying around since he was able to sell the remaining components locally and that is why I have a Processor already.

Have abandoned both 2.5Gbe and USB C requirements for now as anyways AM4 will be obsolete pretty soon now and by the time I think about an upgrade these should be much more mainstream than they are right now.
R5 3600 will atleast last you 3 years. It is a very good processor and adequate for most people

if you dont plan to oc etc get any of the b450 boards of asrock or whichever brand you like you would get all of your usb c etc if you are lucky than maybe even a 2.5 gb port

Case- silverstone fara R1

PSU-i am a corsair guy , but people over here have good experiences with Antec so you could hop onto that bandwagon 750 maybe its more but it will be always adequate irrespective of build change/upgrade 850 watt is for life time peace of mind.

Rams you could actually go for Ballistics one ,but i came across

Gskill snipers with samsung b-dies you could oc these even higher seems to be a very good deal ,16 gb because nowadays bloody browsers utilize a chunk of RAM + all those zoom calls ,teams etc they are one hell of of hogs

GPu - there is a guy who is selling a 970 in the buy/sell you could try your luck ,if i were to be in your place , would flip the 3600 and get ryzen 4650 ,it has decent gpu and saves you money on additional purchase of gpu .It is whisker slow than 3600

Last edited:
If going down the APU route it'll be better to wait for the Zen 3 APUs which should be out before long. With larger L3 cache the performance bump should be good, not sure how it'd be priced though. With lack of GPUs, these 5000 series APUs should be selling fast, if available.

Wont be going with an APU as I already have a processor for nearly no cost from my good friend :) . Heading to the local shops today searching for a cheap used GPU, else will look towards the Buy/Sell section.
if you dont plan to oc etc get any of the b450 boards of asrock or whichever brand you like you would get all of your usb c etc if you are lucky than maybe even a 2.5 gb port

Case- silverstone fara R1

PSU-i am a corsair guy , but people over here have good experiences with Antec so you could hop onto that bandwagon 750 maybe its more but it will be always adequate irrespective of build change/upgrade 850 watt is for life time peace of mind.

Rams you could actually go for Ballistics one ,but i came across

Gskill snipers with samsung b-dies you could oc these even higher seems to be a very good deal ,16 gb because nowadays bloody browsers utilize a chunk of RAM + all those zoom calls ,teams etc they are one hell of of hogs

GPu - there is a guy who is selling a 970 in the buy/sell you could try your luck ,if i were to be in your place , would flip the 3600 and get ryzen 4650 ,it has decent gpu and saves you money on additional purchase of gpu .It is whisker slow than 3600

Yeah, I have no intentions to overclock as I believe my usecase is not very Performance heavy. But ethically wont be very good of me to flip my Friend's CPU as he might/might not ask for it at some point down the line :p since he's not asked me to pay anything for it, but yeah, 4650G makes a lot more sense due to the pretty ignorable price difference b/w 3600 and 4650G and the exhorbitant GPU prices.

Last edited:

How do you know these are Samsung b-dies? I am asking because this is a C19 kit which is very unlikely to be a b-die specially at this price point. GSkill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ has Samsung b-die but most of these b-die kits are not available in India anymore or are at very high prices.

I actually want to know more about the different dies and those that are available here. I hear crucial is good for overclocking (if only they are bloody available!), but dunno about the B and E dies, and which ram uses what. I hear not all 16gb sticks are dual ranked either. Anyone knows how to identify dual ranked kits (from the name/code etc.) and are dual ranked 8gb sticks available in India?

I actually want to know more about the different dies and those that are available here. I hear crucial is good for overclocking (if only they are bloody available!), but dunno about the B and E dies, and which ram uses what. I hear not all 16gb sticks are dual ranked either. Anyone knows how to identify dual ranked kits (from the name/code etc.) and are dual ranked 8gb sticks available in India?
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about too much about 3600MHz RAM & all the b-die & single/dual rank stuff. There are performance benefits of getting a high speed low latency dual rank RAM but the increased cost usually outweighs the performance gains. There is no direct way to know which kit has which die or if it is dual rank or not, You usually have to dig this information on the manufacturer site r some other third party websites & tools.

I would just get the cheapest 3200MHz C16 memory, run it in dual channel mode & call it a day. You'll not be able to notice the performance difference unless you are into high refresh competitive gaming & have other high end monitors & peripherals. At that point, you are better of spending that extra money on higher end processor like 5600X. You can still overclock these 3200MHz C16 kit & gain some extra performance out of these as well as learn more about RAM overclocking & performance tuning while doing that.

Yep, and when I get time I'm gonna read up on it lol. Getting the cheapest 3200Mhz kit and overclocking it too 3600Mhz--the sweet spot for Ryzen--is ideal. Even this OC is not really needed for normal usage, but for enthusiasts, yeah.
But if someone is looking to OC they should really look into which RAM to get since I think Corsair LPX (if someone wants low profile RAM) doesn't OC that well (I could get well be wrong here), in that case it's better to buy the 3600Mhz LPX and run it at stock.

in that case it's better to buy the 3600Mhz LPX and run it at stock.
Just make sure it also has good CAS latencies too. I think a 3200MHz Cl16 kit will perform similarly to a 3600Mhz Cl19 kit, so no point in going for that, more details here https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/3200-cl16-or-3600-cl19.247608/. Ideally you should go with something like:

https://tlggaming.com/gskill-tridentz-neo-F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC?limit=100
https://www.pcstudio.in/product/gskill-ripjaws-v-16gb8x2-ddr4-3600mhz-c16-ram/

If you really want to find good overclocking memory you should try to find something from this list: . It is a bit old but contains lots of information.

Just make sure it also has good CAS latencies too. I think a 3200MHz Cl16 kit will perform similarly to a 3600Mhz Cl19

I think CL18 is available and affordable. CL16 at 3600 gets expensive, better to try one's luck at tightening the timings with a CL18 kit I guess.
Will check the links, thanks!

Last edited:
F4-3600C16D-32GTRGC - Any idea what this is ?
Cant find details anywhere.
Thanks in advance
It is most probably Hynix c die based upon the information present in the below links. Basically anything with GTRG is Samsung B die based upon the first link but based upon the 2nd article, anything ending with an extra "C" on B-die code is actually Hynix C die. The only way to know for sure though is to confirm it with someone who already has it.

Are you able to find this kit in stock though? Honestly I wouldn't really worry about this as anything with 3600Mz CL16 timings is pretty good to begin with. Also it is very unlikely for you to be able to find Samsung b die kits in India. You can also try searching for 3200 CL14 kits as those are also Samsung B-die and can be easily overclocked to 3600Mz CL16. This is one such kit which used to be available earlier but has not been in stock from quite a while now. https://www.amazon.in/G-SKILL-3200Mhz-PC4-25600-CL14-14-14-34-F4-3200C14D-16GFX/dp/B06XFT7DF9

Edit 1: Found one Samsung B-die, https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...16gb-3200-mhz-ddr4-memory-f4-3200c14d-32gtrg/
Edit 2: Found one more Samsung B-die kit,https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...16gb-3200mhz-ddr4-memory-f4-3200c14q-64gtzsw/

Back