help with xp activation

anandagnel

Disciple
hello . this very serious problem for me. i got an xp home edition with sp1a included fromm a relative who got it while buying dell laptop. after installing every thing its asking for activation. i have tried wid different versions but no use . can any one tell me working key for xp-home edition. i have loaded sp2 pack .does dis make the keys not work correctly bcoz its got sp1a. if nobody can answer plz tell me can i install xp professional version wid all old data i.e., wid out installing all the drives like office ,sound drives etc. plz reply fast i have only 20 days to activate
;)

A few things amigo.

1 You CAN'T ask for CD keys here AFAIK.
2 Best place to try to find a key is a torrent site.
3 If you install XP professional you WILL need to reinstall sound, display etc drivers. If you format the drive in installation you will loose all the data.
4 XP thread in Open source make Bill gates cry.

plz reply fast i have only 20 days to activate
Not exactly racing the clock are we? :)

anandagnel said:
hello . this very serious problem for me. i got an xp home edition with sp1a included fromm a relative who got it while buying dell laptop. after installing every thing its asking for activation. i have tried wid different versions but no use . can any one tell me working key for xp-home edition. i have loaded sp2 pack .does dis make the keys not work correctly bcoz its got sp1a. if nobody can answer plz tell me can i install xp professional version wid all old data i.e., wid out installing all the drives like office ,sound drives etc. plz reply fast i have only 20 days to activate
;)

the key will be printed on a sticker stuck at the back of the laptop

you wont be able to activate an oem copy of windows xp on another pc . so either buy a legitimate copy or look else where for more options

Are you trying to install the software on a non-Dell machine? I used to work in Dell tech-support ages ago .... the XP discs provided with Dells are not regular OEM install discs. If you install them on a system with a Dell BIOS you do not need to activate ... any other system will require activation.

Back