Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
1 Year 2 months
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Upgraded to Fostex Dekoni Blue and HD6XX. F%$# the rabbit hole
This is less than a month old. Has been registered with Hifiman for an extended 3 months warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPEG
    IMG_0217.JPEG
    213.1 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_0218.JPEG
    IMG_0218.JPEG
    230.1 KB · Views: 558
  • HE400i Invoice.jpg
    HE400i Invoice.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 552
Wow you caught a great price. Was it a sale or something?
I got these about 4 months ago and I'm quite satisfied with the sound quality, they're really good... I'm curious, what are your thoughts after upgrading to the HD6XX?

Wow you caught a great price. Was it a sale or something?
I got these about 4 months ago and I'm quite satisfied with the sound quality, they're really good... I'm curious, what are your thoughts after upgrading to the HD6XX?
I don't think they were on sale. I did use a 5k coupon though, lol.
I have a loan pair of HD6XX for now. Ordered one for myself through Drop already. Should ship sometime in May. Still testing these but these are already burnt-in. Will share my thoughts in a week or so through PM.

I don't think they were on sale. I did use a 5k coupon though, lol.
I have a loan pair of HD6XX for now. Ordered one for myself through Drop already. Should ship sometime in May. Still testing these but these are already burnt-in. Will share my thoughts in a week or so through PM.
Unrelated question, mods can delete if it doesnt belong here. Does ordering from drop incur customs or do they do what aliexpress does.

You got a fantastic deal mate!! They are fantastic headphones, on a blind test I won't be able to distinguish from Sundara for most of my music collection.
Would suggest you to stay away from the dangerous rabbit hole ( assuming this is your first pair of expensive open cans)...invest in amps if upgraditis hits as these do scale up very very well. The next genuine step up is 5 times more expensive with 5-10 percent incremental improvement ( may be even less)

Last edited:
You got a fantastic deal mate!! They are fantastic headphones, on a blind test I won't be able to distinguish from Sundara for most of my music collection.
Thanks dude! I was really confused between this and the Sennheiser PXC 550 II (since I have seen you recommend these universally over here, plus their reviews are also pretty good), but couldn't find myself being able to justify paying 7k more for those since I already have a decent pair of TWS for travel (decent enough noise isolation, don't necessarily require ANC).

And this deal was pretty darn good, and I have always wanted to try open back as well as planar magnetic cans so I thought why not. Currently only have the Apple USB C dongle to drive these, but will be picking up an AMP in the coming months (probably Topping NX1s, though not decided). Also I have to blame you and others on this forum for pushing me into this audiophile rabbit hole - gone are the days when I was satisfied just with my IEMs, and hadn't heard through a proper DAC. God knows how much more of a money pit this is going to be - thankfully I'm at home and ma wouldn't allow me to spend too much on these anyway haha

HE 400 is 5 times better than PXC550!! It belongs to a different league altogether. I'm sure you will love it and forgive me eventually.
Wow I got my next headphone finalized now. Should I get this one too @red dragon . Does this compare favorably to ATH m50x too? I know both are different headphones and one is open vs closed. I have never tried an open back before but since I feel uneasy while listening to closed headphones I want to try these out.

Would suggest you to stay away from the dangerous rabbit hole ( assuming this is your first pair of expensive open cans)...invest in amps if upgraditis hits as these do scale up very very well. The next genuine step up is 5 times more expensive with 5-10 percent incremental improvement ( may be even less)
+1
These are one of the most and best out-of-the-box tuned cans I have ever heard. These sure have a peak in the 2k-7k zone which can be smoothed with APO via Oratory. Never did that because the peak never bothered me. Onto some R70X or AKG.
Wow I got my next headphone finalized now. Should I get this one too @red dragon . Does this compare favorably to ATH m50x too? I know both are different headphones and one is open vs closed. I have never tried an open back before but since I feel uneasy while listening to closed headphones I want to try these out.
I don't consider M50X to be worth anything 10k, let me just say that. Anything you hear coming from M50X, will sound day and night to you believe me.
Get these if you are trying to experience planar's or maybe some Beyer's if you don't mind the brightness or an HD560s if you want to move into that $250-$350 range.
Thanks dude! I was really confused between this and the Sennheiser PXC 550 II (since I have seen you recommend these universally over here, plus their reviews are also pretty good), but couldn't find myself being able to justify paying 7k more for those since I already have a decent pair of TWS for travel (decent enough noise isolation, don't necessarily require ANC).

And this deal was pretty darn good, and I have always wanted to try open back as well as planar magnetic cans so I thought why not. Currently only have the Apple USB C dongle to drive these, but will be picking up an AMP in the coming months (probably Topping NX1s, though not decided). Also I have to blame you and others on this forum for pushing me into this audiophile rabbit hole - gone are the days when I was satisfied just with my IEMs, and hadn't heard through a proper DAC. God knows how much more of a money pit this is going to be - thankfully I'm at home and ma wouldn't allow me to spend too much on these anyway haha
Apple dongle is just as good as you can get with a DAC. I don't believe your ears are trained so much so to tell the difference b/w what you hear from a apple dongle vs another budget DAC. You are better off investing in a good AMP though. And with HE400i, definitely get a AMP ASAP. They do love some power and juice.

You are better off investing in a good AMP though. And with HE400i, definitely get a AMP ASAP. They do love some power and juice.
Yep, I'm looking at amps, but looking at the money I've dropped recently on not so insignificant purchases, I'll hold off for now. Will grab a Topping or a Fiio by end of q2 hopefully. Thanks!

Get a Topping L30 or a Schiit Heresy/Magni or maybe an Atom. Topping is more readily available here though. If you have someone coming from the US, then you can get schiit as well. Both have plenty of power to drive most headphones out there, even Beyer 600 ohms.

Open headphones definitely offer a different and much nicer experience.
I won't criticize M50X as I used it extensively for years. But it's not an ideal headphone for consumption, but not bad for production (tracking and some basic mixing). My main issue with 50X ( beside treble peaks): it's totally unforgiving, brings out every flaw in a recording ( but strangely not very detailed)
I guess it's very difficult to make a budget good pair of sounding closed back cans.
Headphones like Meze 99 classic, DT770 etc. are not considerable upgrade from 50x.
NDH20, some older Denons( possibly D7000) and modified Fostex are the only closed cans ( I had/ have/ tried) that sound considerably better. But they are very expensive.
Very recently I bought the AKG K361 ( DMS literally lured me into buying another pair of headphones) and they are really disappointing.
IMHO and limited experience, closed cans above 100USD ( and below 500USD) don't make much sense if you already have M50X.

Does these compare well to the Massdrop X Sennheiser HD 58x ? My HPs are collecting dust (others being HD 598, 770 pro), wanted to clean house but could never sell it :innocent:

Keep them all. HD599 has an intimate but very precise instrument seperation. They sound different from HE400 ( both really good)
I still have a lot of headphones, 598 are the oldest, love them despite having headphones10 times the price.
If really need house cleaning, I would first get rid of closed back ones except one for tracking.

Back