High density power bank (30k-50k mah)

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
My Mi 3i 20000mah powerbank gave up on me so looking for a new higher density powerbank.

Digital display for accurately showing the amount of charge % left is required. The Mi 3i and many other powerbank models don't have this feature. I want something like this Ubon powerbank. I don't know about the quality of their powerbank but I find their USB cables to be decent but earphone terrible. Any other alternatives?

Also is there any demerit of high density powerbank?

Screenshot_20240817_165419_Photos~2.jpg

Why not get the Anker ones. Long lasting, superior quality and accurate power output and input. What is your output power requirement?

Consider it a long term investment. Products like powerbanks have to be of superior quality since they have the ability to destroy our smartphones or it is a safety hazard. Plus incorrectly supplied power can damage or shorten the smartphone battery life.

I doubt that 50k mAh battery capacity stated is actually real. It will most likely be 30k at max. Power bank manufacturers claim something and the actual battery capacity is something else, its a trend from as long as i have seen power banks in the market. I'm not up to date with how densely packed batteries in power bank have become but a 50k mAh power bank sounds like it should look more like a brick and that picture is deceiving.

Why not get the Anker ones. Long lasting, superior quality and accurate power output and input. What is your output power requirement?
No will not recommend Anker Powerbank for the price they charge atleast.

I have 3 Anker Power Banks and 2 already have issue and they were really expensive.

the 3000mah one ( pencil shaped) the button get stuck inside.

the 10000mah one has bulged . Works though.

All of them have seen much less usage compared to my mi and still my Mi power bank works fine .

Anker is just well designed feel to it but it longevity is questionable. Even on Amazon USA many reviews are negative also.

I would recommend OT to buy 2 20000mah powerbanks instead of going for one 40000-50000. They are too bulky and heavy to carry around . Carrying 2 powerbanks of 20000mah will weigh almost same.
Plus incase one fails in emergency or gets lost in transit you will have second one in your bag.

BTW incase carrying on Plane you can only carry one powerbank upto 27000mah or total capacity of all powerbanks to 27000mah ( If I am correct)

@OP if you travel to places where electricity can be issue and charging these powerbanks might be an issue too. You can consider buy a Small Solar Panel too. they are slow in charging but a good quality one is not expensive these days.

I imported 2 from USA. One got damaged due to weight on top of it. Other works fine. 13W was the first one and it was pretty decent too.

Incase you dont want to spent much there are some really small cheap chinese ones available with 6W capacity and all. My friend use to use it for quite some time during camping and results were very impressive during good sun. Only issue is you have to be careful to keep the phone or whatever you charging away from direct sun or atleast cover them.

I burnt one of my devices due to this .

Last edited:
I have been meaning to ask this for few years but never bothered a create a topic for such silly thing. You see, my intellectual brother told me that charging phone through power banks yield more battery backup. As power bank charges the phone through DC instead of conventional AC.

Is he lol or what?

I have been meaning to ask this for few years but never bothered a create a topic for such silly thing. You see, my intellectual brother told me that charging phone through power banks yield more battery backup. As power bank charges the phone through DC instead of conventional AC.

Is he lol or what?

You know the power adapter convertes the AC to DC to charge the phone?

Is he lol or what?
He has a point although the rational behind it is different. Most power banks charge your phone with slower rates than stock chargers (For example, new phones might come with 60-80W bricks but power banks charge at 5V2A (10W) or 15W or 18W or 20W.
Slower charging means lower battery temps and battery lasts longer.

But a slower power adapter would do the same thing.

Charge smartphones from a wall outlet, preferably a slower or standard charging that's between 10W to 30W. This will help keep battery healthy longer, especially if users charge their phones fully.
"Blazing Fast" charging adapters are good for an occasional quick boost.
Power-banks too should be used with care. They rely on batteries to power batteries. So there's no real power saving. It only degrades TWO battery packs instead of just one.
Budged batteries or power-banks are a hazard. Even if they work as intended, bulging indicates battery is strained. A slightest fall can cause the battery to rupture, and perhaps even burst into flames.

Once it bulges, it doesn't matter what you want. You have to throw it away right now. Not after it breaks out in glorious flames.
I clearly understand bro, I know its not safe and I would have adviced the same to others

I actually want to try to claim replacement from Anker . I think Anker gives 2 year warranty but this has crossed 2 years I believe even though it has hardly seen much usage and even now only for see 5-10 mins of use when necessary . It is done under observation. I keep checking if its heating up or anything.

I will try to claim from Anker once I am in home city . I am currently in Village area in Himachal. If they give replacement good enough. If they dont this will be disposed.

Charge smartphones from a wall outlet, preferably a slower or standard charging that's between 10W to 30W. This will help keep battery healthy longer, especially if users charge their phones fully.
"Blazing Fast" charging adapters are good for an occasional quick boost.
Power-banks too should be used with care. They rely on batteries to power batteries. So there's no real power saving. It only degrades TWO battery packs instead of just one.
Budged batteries or power-banks are a hazard. Even if they work as intended, bulging indicates battery is strained. A slightest fall can cause the battery to rupture, and perhaps even burst into flames.
Yeah in the end you are literally carrying an extra battery for your phone/laptop etc.
I clearly understand bro, I know its not safe and I would have adviced the same to others

I actually want to try to claim replacement from Anker . I think Anker gives 2 year warranty but this has crossed 2 years I believe even though it has hardly seen much usage and even now only for see 5-10 mins of use when necessary . It is done under observation. I keep checking if its heating up or anything.

I will try to claim from Anker once I am in home city . I am currently in Village area in Himachal. If they give replacement good enough. If they dont this will be disposed.
Hope you do change it. Something like even ambient temperature can affect battery in a power bank. Maybe its working fine even if its swollen cause ambient temp is keeping it stable, as soon as its under the sun it can start a fire. Well as long as you are aware.

Back