fatjivi

Disciple
Need to buy a laptop with high def capability
3d vision if possible
screen should not be more than 15 inches as mobility is an important factor
also it should be light weight and slim
Has to available in India only

Budget: not to exceed 1.5 lakh

Do you plan to play serious game on that laptop?

Only available in India? Sorry but there is no high end laptop that i can think of. 15.6" may have better options but it is still bigger than 15" you specify. Any laptop with graphic card less than 460m / 5870m or FX3800m / M7820 is not qualified as high end.

well gaming isnt the aim but it can have any gpu...doesnt matter...just looking for best lappy in 1.3-1.5 lakh range but should be 15 inches though and light as mobility is important

If you can compromise on 3d(crap feature for a laptop anyway) and live with o.sX macbook pro 15 inch suits you.

^

3D isn't a fully matured technology it has some teething problems even standard screens are not compatible ( you need special 120 Hz screen ) + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit3D Vision Kit ~ roughly 12K in India + Nvidia picks the wrong 3d glasses technology- The Inquirer + Everything You Need to Know about Nvidia + the dumbest thing for laptop

HAS TO BE PORTABLE + HAS TO PLAYBACK HD STUFF < AT LEAST MOVIES > , What are playing at bruv?

for you the best laptop is

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Details | Dell India ~ Dell XPS 15

Alienware M15x Laptop Product Details | Dell India ~ Alienware M15x ---- supports 3D vision but no portability it is a Leviathan

Sony VAIO Laptop Computers & Peripherals : Sony India ~ in one word overkill

Now make up your mind :)

ok need to know overkill laptop..i think i can be ok with 16 inches but what about weight and sleekness...is it possible to get a high end laptop around 1.5 lakh price which is sleek and doesnt weigh more than 2-2.5 kgs??

16 inches is ok but weight and sleekness are important as it should easily fit in luggage and be light enough to carry around...heavy and thick laptop defeats the purpose of it being a portable

Get vaio z series.. fits your budget and it very portable...I have had my hand on it...and its absolutely awsome..

althou I bought vpcf13 but the Z series suit you more...

cant comment on dell as per now..

M15x IMO would be heavy, but on the other hand it has some good processor and GPU configuration options available.

If your usage is performance oriented, go with that. Configure it with core i7 and best GPU option with SSD. And there you go.

But IMO in India, Ailenware 15x only only has GT240 and GTX260M as 2 GPU options.

Also you can check out Asus G53Jw. It's equipped with core i7 740 and GTX460, with 6 gigs of DDR3 1066MHz ram and 500 gigs 7200 rpm HDD.

But if you are looking for true mobility, weight, slickness. Then Sony Vaio Z series has good options for you. Do check some configs of it.

If gpu is not important, then wait for a while, Sandy Bridge has been annouced by several manufacturers and could be available in 1-2 months time.

fatjivi said:
ok need to know overkill laptop..i think i can be ok with 16 inches but what about weight and sleekness...is it possible to get a high end laptop around 1.5 lakh price which is sleek and doesnt weigh more than 2-2.5 kgs??

16 inches is ok but weight and sleekness are important as it should easily fit in luggage and be light enough to carry around...heavy and thick laptop defeats the purpose of it being a portable
Go for Vaio Z series or wait for Sandy-Bridge to come into laptops another 3 months+ easily

Watching movies is great on f13 but weight i.e.~3.2kg and a very low battery backup ~1hr is big time con of the lappy. else it wud have been the best choice..

On vaio Z it shud be good watching movies...u will get used to it soon ;)

have a look at any showroom before buying it..

is sandy bridge worth the wait

i mean if i have the top model of z series in mind then how much benefit will i get with sandy bridge over it?

Sandy Bridge has better efficiency in-built IGP but opening months will command a huge premium + it isn't coming before March so lots of Patience bruv :)

and for your needs Vaio Z will do fine :)

hp envy14 if you are going to buy it from india,vaio z is overpriced in india. XPS 15 lacks on the mobility front. screen in envy14 is hd+ 1600X900 , one of the best that is available across laptops.

The $1999 vaio z machine can be bought for less than $1500 after discounts in US.

Back