CPU/Mobo high temp on my 6300

kidrock

Disciple
Hi,

Just started using my e6300. I have p5ld2 vm se mobo and have installed the asus probe 2 I got with my mobo cd. Its showing a warning stating my cpu temp at 70 deg cel. I have read out here that the bios on the latest boards need to be upgraded as they do show wrong temp. But I am a bit nervous. Let me know if its displaying the wrong temp. Or if i have a serious issue. I have'nt used any additional thermal paste just what was on the heat sink.

kidrock said:
I have'nt used any additional thermal paste just what was on the heat sink.

Sounds like that's the reason for your high temps... try to get your hands on some better thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5, actually anything will do for now because it will be better than what is on the stock heatsink. Clean the heatsink and CPU before re-applying paste.

Well AS5 sometimes might prove too thin compared to the stock thermal pad.It can result in a bad contact between the heatisnk and CPU.

Happened with me on 6300.Some other guys here faced the same problem.

Using stock thing is best.

I suggest checking the mounting.May be thats the problem.

i'm running on an e600 to .. stock paste... and an 865 board.... and its pretttty cool compared to my old 3.4 ..... check your mounting / vents across the board...

the new intel stock HSF r a pain 2 put in , i think ur hsf base is not touchin ur cpu,read the instruction manual craefull n redo it

hey guys you'll were right... it was my mounting,

I have fixed it.

Now while I was doing it I realised there was a slight discoloration of my processor. Its working at about 35-37 deg now. Do you think its taken a hit. I did'nt use it much :(

na ur proccessor i think is just fine - the processor w'd have shut down itself if it reaches damaging level heat. Its normally bad mounting 90% of the times in such cases. AS5 & other pastes don't make that big of difference unless ocing. Im sure 90% of the CPU's installed in this world use stock compound ;)

Back