High temps on Ryzen 5 3600 on stock cooler

Update 11/4: So just using the stress test of CPU-Z, my cpu temps don't go above 81 degrees.
Today while running Prime95 small FFTs, it quickly jumped to 98 degrees. Even when I had Undervolted to 1.25v. System got shutdown in like 4 minutes of prime95 stress test.

Does it look normal to reach that high temps, even with this dedicated DEEPCOOL cooler?

EDIT: Was using manual mode in Ryzen Master, with 4200 Mhz clock and 1.25 voltage.

EDIT 2: The high temps on prime95 are only occurring when I use "Manual" mode in Ryzen Master. On "Default" and "Auto OC" modes, the temps don't go above 80. So not sure if anything is wrong at all with my cpu temps.

Last edited:
Does it look normal to reach that high temps, even with this dedicated DEEPCOOL cooler?
Nope. I haven't read the previous threads much but I'm assuming thermal contact is good (good quality thermal paste, CPU cooler seated properly and all). Also do verify your case cooling in general (maybe a pic of your PC and its environment if you haven't posted it already). Also there was some other thread suggesting to tune the fan curve now that its summer. This is something worth trying.

Either ways, 98 degrees on Prime95 doesn't sound normal and something is probably wrong.
EDIT: Was using manual mode in Ryzen Master, with 4200 Mhz clock and 1.25 voltage.
This is the max rated clock speed for the Ryzen 3600 and with its TDP of 65W I don't think it should jump to such drastic temps regardless. Maybe its overclocking beyond (due to some multiplier you don't realize?)

If it still doesn't work out for you maybe RMA is an option worth looking into

EDIT 2: The high temps on prime95 are only occurring when I use "Manual" mode in Ryzen Master. On "Default" and "Auto OC" modes, the temps don't go above 80. So not sure if anything is wrong at all with my cpu temps.
What were the clock speeds in default mode while running this test? Try to use hwinfo to capture CPU voltages & clock speeds to get a better idea regarding what is going on. I expect the voltages would drop at stock & so will the clock speeds to somewhere around 3.8-3.9Ghz, so an increase in power & thermals is expected. Also if you are changing voltages, try doing that through bios instead of Ryzen master & possibly through PBO. Don't know how that works though.

Although I don't own that processor personally, these temps still seem to be on the higher side to me. For reference my Ryzen 5 1600 never exceeds 75-78 degrees while running prime95 small FFTs at 3.7GHz all core clock 1.278V with the stock wraith spire cooler, ambient temps are in mid 30s.

Last edited:
Update 11/4: So just using the stress test of CPU-Z, my cpu temps don't go above 81 degrees.
Today while running Prime95 small FFTs, it quickly jumped to 98 degrees. Even when I had Undervolted to 1.25v. System got shutdown in like 4 minutes of prime95 stress test.

I have the same cooler with a Ryzen 3600XT. At 4.425Ghz on CCX0 and 4.275Ghz on CCX1 with voltage at 1.25V under LLC mode 3 on my MSI B450M Mortar, I get similar Temps to yours. My intake is a single 140mm Arctic p14, and temps under load are 96-98c under p95. Under CBR15 and cbr20 it's at 82-84C. According to what I've read online this is normal since p95 puts much more load on the CPU than most other stress tests and benchmarks, which I think is true since voltage while running cb is 1.256V with same LLC, compared to 1.25V. So the CPU is definitely oat a higher load with p95 and hence higher temps.

As for stock voltages, I think it's because the clock speeds and voltages would drop according to the CPU's auto voltage-frwq curve, which is overridden when running manual voltages. You can verify this by keeping an eye on the "effective clocks" in hwinfo

See, at the end of the day, the Gammaxx 400 V2, though an excellent cooler for its price range, is a budget cooler after all. My ppt under P95 is 100W, and it seems that's the limit for this cooler, especially because of the high heat density of the 7nm process. It can only handle so much, and tbh I wouldn't worry about the p95 temps unless you do very intensive stuff like encoding or transcoding or deep learning on a regular basis. Also the shutdowns you're experiencing is because of unstable overclock. The auto shutdown temperature for Ryzen 3000 desktops is 110C, and I doubt you're reaching that. You will find that by increasing voltage by a bit you might get stable clocks but temps would ofc incraae, and probably settle around 100c.
Again, unless you do anything more intensive than gaming, you needn't worry about p95 stability really. Good luck!

Last edited:
I was using a Thermalright Macho Direct with my 3600, temps never crossed 62-63* with PBO on. Im surprised you're getting such temperatures even with undervolting.

Also if you are changing voltages, try doing that through bios instead of Ryzen master & possibly through PBO. Don't know how that works though.
PBO is not supported on my b350 mobo.
I am starting to think my b350 is the culprit of all these thermal issue due to not very optimised bios for ryzen 3xxx support.

What were the clock speeds in default mode while running this test?
They were not exceeding 4000Mhz.

I was using a Thermalright Macho Direct with my 3600, temps never crossed 62-63* with PBO on. Im surprised you're getting such temperatures even with undervolting.
Thr thermalright macho seems to be a beefier cooler compared to the Deepcool one Nitin and I have, plus PBO by default limits to 65W power limit for the 3600. Try using a manual voltage and then check temps for comparable ppt, that'll be more accurate for comparison

Last edited:
I bought the 3600 and the same Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2. Never used the stock cooler.

Idle temps are around 55-60. Goes upto 80 during stress (Exporting in Premiere Pro).
Case is spacious. 3 front intake fans and 1 rear exhaust.
ASROCK B550M Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard. BIOS is updated.

Didn't set a fan curve. Set it to full speed at all times, in BIOS.
Ambient temperature 30-33 during day and 28-29 during night. Idle temp always above 55, irrespective of ambient temp.

Any suggestions please?

I bought the 3600 and the same Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2. Never used the stock cooler.

Idle temps are around 55-60. Goes upto 80 during stress (Exporting in Premiere Pro).
Ambient temperature 30-33 during day and 28-29 during night. Idle temp always above 55, irrespective of ambient temp.

Any suggestions please?
I have same setup and idle temp is 50-52C with ambient being around 35-40C during day. I run fans at full speed too.

Maybe try repasting it. Also are you running default clocks or OCd?

ASROCK B550M Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard. BIOS is updated.

Any suggestions please?
Undervolting is the only cheap solution to reduce temps in our country. Try doing that, you should be able to retain full performance with reduced power consumption & heat.

Back