Highly Compressed Games, Softwares Sizes 64 kb, 1 mb ,, Is this true?

sarv007

Disciple
surfing on net , i do come across Dloads of software , games that are highly compressed , do they work ? if yes , then do they use any special software ?
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

kgb archiver i think,takes a long time to uncompress anything,was asking for a week to uncompress gta sa on my p4. :p

dunno if it really works after uncompressing tho.

he means stuff like kkreiger and .theproduct

all the gfx and maps are kept as algorithms in the program which saves 99% of the space

^^ kgb works..

as in it CAN compress and decompress to levels that winrar cant..

when the thread greenie is pointing to was created.. i jus thought i'd test it out.

compared the compression of a folder full of pdf's using zip rar and kgb.

with max compression settings, winrar reduced a 450mb folder to 440 in zipped format & 430 mb in rar format..

kgb on the other hand took like 2.5hrs to compress(and later on, an equivalent amount of time to decompress).. BUT... BUT..

the kgb'd file was just 310mb.

now that might not seem like a very high level of compression all by itself, but when seen in the perspective of results from zip and rar.. its phenomenal.

it does come at the cost of immense time though. rig in sig was used to do all testing.

i am not trying to say that the so called 1mb GTA rip and the 800kb COD2 rips are real and WILL work. i have no idea about that. however i can assure you that kgb DOES have phenomenal compressing capabilities.

Back