Hisense U7H - buying help needed - urgent

gourav

Skilled
Hi folks. I've had yes TV in my wishlist for a while. It's a Hisense U7H. It's a 2 year old model. I think they're clearing stock and it's currently selling for 40k. It's updated version, U7k, costs 60k

Should I go for it? I have a 50" Vu TV which has developed a line on it. It's been like that for 6 months, so don't think it's urgent. But the price of this is tempting. If this TV goes out of stock, I might have to shell out 55k for U7K.

For context, I'm looking for a 55" TV with a 120Hz panel for use with my PS5, Gaming PC, and general media consumption.

I bought this 2 years and i would recommend this tv. No issues till now, firestick will be included but most apps are covered in vidaa os (hotstar not available initially, now its available). HomeKit/Airplay was provided on later updates and working fine. Got like 2-3 ota till now, i think. Overall a good package.

Unless I am mistaken, the U7K is the only Mini-LED option with FALD priced at this level in our market, and, assuming that you get a good quality piece, it should produce notably better HDR and overall picture quality than the U7H, which should be very beneficial for gaming and media.

Since one wouldn't ideally have to upgrade a TV often, maybe wait on a better sale, but if I were in your shoes, financial situation permitting, I wouldn't target anything lower than the U7K for an upgrade/replacement, for a better long term return on your investment.

An issue, however, might be that the 55 inch model has a VA panel, so the viewing angles might not be good for PC usage. The 65 inch model apparently has an IPS panel. More info here: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/hisense-u7k-mini-led.94131/

I bought this 2 years and i would recommend this tv. No issues till now, firestick will be included but most apps are covered in vidaa os (hotstar not available initially, now its available). HomeKit/Airplay was provided on later updates and working fine. Got like 2-3 ota till now, i think. Overall a good package.
At what price had you bought?

Unless I am mistaken, the U7K is the only Mini-LED option with FALD priced at this level in our market, and, assuming that you get a good quality piece, it should produce notably better HDR and overall picture quality than the U7H, which should be very beneficial for gaming and media.

An issue, however, might be that the 55 inch model has a VA panel, so the viewing angles might not be good for PC usage. The 65 inch model apparently has an IPS panel. More info here: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/hisense-u7k-mini-led.94131/
Thanks for the inputs. Literature online seems to say there won't be a huge difference between QLED and mini-LED. Have you had a chance to compare yourself?

Viewing angle should not be a problem as it's not a regular PC usage but just for gaming.

Thanks for the inputs. Literature online seems to say there won't be a huge difference between QLED and mini-LED. Have you had a chance to compare yourself?
The U7K is QLED as well, but it additionally offers the Mini-LED technology.

I haven't done a comparison myself. My understanding is that Mini-LED with proper dimming zones is the next best thing to OLED, and the alternative to opt for if one is unwilling to accept the OLED burn-in risk.

At what price had you bought?

Viewing angle should not be a problem as it's not a regular PC usage but just for gaming.
Bought around 49k-6k ncemi dec 22 and I remember i goes around 44k-ncemi with the next month. My main takeaway is no issues till now and i have bad experience with sony tv with motherboard failure in the past. I did my research and found Hisense is reputed brand outside India and pulled the plug. So far no issues.

Bought around 49k-6k ncemi dec 22 and I remember i goes around 44k-ncemi with the next month. My main takeaway is no issues till now and i have bad experience with sony tv with motherboard failure in the past. I did my research and found Hisense is reputed brand outside India and pulled the plug. So far no issues.
Yeah, haven't heard of any poor experiences with Hisense so far. I'll keep it in my wishlist, if it goes below 45k again, I'll buy it.

Back