Video Hisense U7K

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
Hisense 65U7K for 67K (65K + 3% emi foreclosure) on amazon via SBI card.
Good deal. Good 144Hz Miniled TV w/ 384 dimming zones. This is VA panel. 75” is ADS.

Similar offer on FK

@m0h1t what are your thoughts on this vs the Mi 75 inch Q1 QLED at 85k? https://www.amazon.in/189-34-inches-Android-L75M6-ESG-Metallic/dp/B09HQTPWVR

Edit: i.e. what are your thoughts between both these TVs IF not being used for gaming, with an external streamer (Shield, Firestick, Apple TV)

@m0h1t what are your thoughts on this vs the Mi 75 inch Q1 QLED at 85k? https://www.amazon.in/189-34-inches-Android-L75M6-ESG-Metallic/dp/B09HQTPWVR

Edit: i.e. what are your thoughts between both these TVs IF not being used for gaming, with an external streamer (Shield, Firestick, Apple TV)
I have 75” MI Q1, 75” Hisense U7K and a 65” TCL c755 delivering in a few hours.

The Mi Q1 developed a short in the panel a few months back after 3 years of purchase, but that’s just me luck I think. There is a bit of voltage fluctuation here so I would attribute it to that or the universe wanting payback for something IDK. I bought it for 1L mid 2021. Viewing angles are great, very bright peak hits beyond 1000nits and decently contrasts but it’s only FALD with limited dimming zones.

The U7K and c755 are miniled with much higher dimming zones. Both have 144hz panel, VRR and other HDMI 2.1 features. I use my U7K with sunshine and moonlight to stream games from PC to the shield pro with 1-3ms latency (lab or good wifi required). The u7k is great and very contrasty but even though its supposed to be IPS derived ADS panel, the viewing angles are terrible. The colors don’t shift but there is a lot of backlight bleed at >45 degrees. U7k has VA panels in 55 and 85 inch sizes.

The c755 (also called c805 in EU) is newer and has VA panels in all sizes I think and higher dimming zones.

Since you’re buying now I’d suggest skip the Q1. It’s cheaper because it’s a 3 year old model. I bought 75u7k for 95k at the introductory pricing when it was launched. U7k and c755 are both overpriced but atleast 10-20% I feel, but what can you do, at 65” and 75” comparable brightness and contrast levels with established brands like LG Samsung Sony are even more expensive.

My recommendation Oleds > c755 > u7k/u7n > Mi Q1

I don’t have a good perspective on U7N just yet, not been able to do my research.

Might sound privileged, but generally recommend everyone to either get Apple TV or shield or fire tv 4k/max or google chrome cast 4k. The inbuilt Os and hardware is just garbage in 95% of TVs resulting in terrible experience

I don’t have a good perspective on U7N just yet, not been able to do my research.

Might sound privileged, but generally recommend everyone to either get Apple TV or shield or fire tv 4k/max or google chrome cast 4k. The inbuilt Os and hardware is just garbage in 95% of TVs resulting in terrible experience
Thanks a ton @m0h1t

The c755 (also called c805 in EU) is newer and has VA panels in all sizes I think and higher dimming zones.

Since you’re buying now I’d suggest skip the Q1. It’s cheaper because it’s a 3 year old model. I bought 75u7k for 95k at the introductory pricing when it was launched. U7k and c755 are both overpriced but atleast 10-20% I feel, but what can you do, at 65” and 75” comparable brightness and contrast levels with established brands like LG Samsung Sony are even more expensive.

I ended up ordering the 75" TCL c755 from Flipkart for ~ 1.28L as Amazon had that size unavailable in my area. Flipkart also offered me 15k for my 2019 Flipkart brand LED TV!

If I can figure out how to prepay the no-cost EMI, I may be able to get this down to ~ 1.21L. Thanks again @m0h1t

1721551637287.png

Question to everyone regarding how open box delivery works wrt devices that require brand-authorized installation at a later date. I have heard that brands state that only the installation personnel should open the box during installation to honour warranty. But Open Box Delivery has the delivery agent open it for you on the delivery day. Is there any conflict between the two terms?

I ended up ordering the 75" TCL c755 from Flipkart for ~ 1.28L as Amazon had that size unavailable in my area. Flipkart also offered me 15k for my 2019 Flipkart brand LED TV!

If I can figure out how to prepay the no-cost EMI, I may be able to get this down to ~ 1.21L. Thanks again @m0h1t

View attachment 202098

Question to everyone regarding how open box delivery works wrt devices that require brand-authorized installation at a later date. I have heard that brands state that only the installation personnel should open the box during installation to honour warranty. But Open Box Delivery has the delivery agent open it for you on the delivery day. Is there any conflict between the two terms?
Ordered an AC recently and flipkart delivery agents unboxed it during delivery,i had the same thought like you and the installation guy did infact questioned me about who opened the box but when i told him it was flipkart delivery agent he let it pass ,my suggestions let them open the box during delivery and check it for any damages .

I have 75” MI Q1, 75” Hisense U7K and a 65” TCL c755 delivering in a few hours.

The Mi Q1 developed a short in the panel a few months back after 3 years of purchase, but that’s just me luck I think. There is a bit of voltage fluctuation here so I would attribute it to that or the universe wanting payback for something IDK. I bought it for 1L mid 2021. Viewing angles are great, very bright peak hits beyond 1000nits and decently contrasts but it’s only FALD with limited dimming zones.

The U7K and c755 are miniled with much higher dimming zones. Both have 144hz panel, VRR and other HDMI 2.1 features. I use my U7K with sunshine and moonlight to stream games from PC to the shield pro with 1-3ms latency (lab or good wifi required). The u7k is great and very contrasty but even though its supposed to be IPS derived ADS panel, the viewing angles are terrible. The colors don’t shift but there is a lot of backlight bleed at >45 degrees. U7k has VA panels in 55 and 85 inch sizes.

Wouldn't A/B series LG OLED be preferred to TCL C755? C755 is showing at 70K right now.

But Open Box Delivery has the delivery agent open it for you on the delivery day. Is there any conflict between the two terms?
In my case, the Flipkart dude opened the box and checked for damages and to see if every thing was in the box, but he didn't take the TV out of the box. The installation guy (Samsung) asked who opened it, I just said the delivery guy opened to check it and that was that.

View attachment 202098

Bought a Hisense 65U7K from Amazon a few months ago, the order said something about Open Box Inspection and so I made their delivery guys remove the TV from the box and checked it for physical damage.

The Hsense guy who came for installation did not ask about it at all.

Wouldn't A/B series LG OLED be preferred to TCL C755? C755 is showing at 70K right now.
I guess but LG oled will not be as bright as the c755 miniled. If the tv is going to be in a dark room then a3 will probably be better. C755 has all the hdmi 2.1 features like VRR ALLM eARC etc along with a 144Hz panel, not sure if a3 will have all of this

Back