Budget 31-40k Home PC for Dad

chiron

Skilled
Q: What is your budget?

• Not sure

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• AL MX 5021

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• None

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Online purchase ONLY - I've brought stuff online from prime and smc etc over the past years but they seem to be fairly lazy in updating their listings nowadays, not to mention their inactivity as far as this forum is concerned :( Checking their sites/pronces is getting be down. Regardless, I would be much obliged if you provide prices/links for online vendors as its not possible to source most components locally for me.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• I need to buy this PC for my dad. Basic idea is to go for a 23-27" ips/mva monitor(good viewing angles needed coz it is going to be used for watching movies) and build a pc which is able to play movies (almost all are in 480p only but if BSNL decides to update is broadband plans that might change :p). Other requirements are download rig/browsing.

Sorry for butchering the template but my requirements are kinda vague in terms of what components to use/budget :D

How about Dell All in One Series PCs --
Inspiron One 2330
Online Price
spacer.gif
Rs.47,990.00

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Hello chiron Go with this rig-
Intel i3 3220-7.5k OR Intel G645-3.4k
Gigabyte B75 D3H-4.5k
Corsair Value Ram 4GBX1-1.2k
Segate 1TB 7200.14-4.3k
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k
Cooler Master 311-2.1k
Logitech K200 Keyboard/Mouse-0.7k
Dell U2312HM-15.5k[23" E-IPS Monitor suits your requirements]
Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

@chiron,the rig outlined by jakob will serve you well,however if you find your needs changing to include hd viewing and slight gaming,i will be more then happy to suggest you a trinity based desktop.although the igp carried by i3 3220 will serve hd viewing,trinity based solutions will be more potent at the same price,if your needs remain the same,go with jakobs specifications.cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Refer to this thread a little. http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/25k-1080p-movies-basic-fps-141218/

Under 5k, the HD6670 1GB DDR3 is the best choice. But the DDR5 edition costs only 500 bucks more.
Also, at your budget, going for an AMD based config makes sense.
And If you can wait for a month or two, then consider waiting, because the AMD Trinity is going to be launched in India soon. And believe me, it is WORTH WAITING. Its price should be ~7k and it accompanies a really nice GPU with it, you woud be able to play all the latest games with mid to high settings at your resolution easily.

I would go for the trinity anyday against any Intel i3 + dGPU. The A10-5800 has a BIG advantage in mutlithreaded applications, GPGPU etc, single core threads would be bit slow. It might even out perform ivy bridge i5 in *some* cases, such as using Photoshop (see this Benchmark Results: Photoshop CS6 : Can OpenGL And OpenCL Overhaul Your Photo Editing Experience?). There is a lot of hype in the Indian market about Trinity and you may not be able to get it in December. It will, most probaby launch in the last week of December. Keep your eyes and ears open. :D

If you have a nice budget, try going for iMac. Apple - iMac Simply a master piece.

As Gaming is not a major concern and you're willing to spend 7K on the processor, I think AMD offers a better choice. At that price, you can squeeze a 6 Core FX 6100 which is better in multi tasking than i3. So if you are opening 10 tabs in Firefox, ripping songs using Itunes and ruuning a Photo Editing software in background, FX 6100 will flex its mussles.
AMD FX 6100 @ 7.25K (smcinternational.in)
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.2K
Antec Basiq BP350 350W @ 1.8K
WD Caviar Green 500 GB @ 3.7K
Corsair Value Series 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1k

Back