Audio Home Theater - Completed

quixand

Skilled
Now that I've completed my Home Theatre build with a new LED I thought I'd post some pics, buying experience and maybe some helpful links which I used. I'll post some better pics once I've got some decent AV Furniture of the entire set-up.

Album here -
https://www.techenclave.com/community/gallery/albums/home-theater.8631/

8rNi3hgl.jpg

Lh61oWMl.jpg

qrYJVP1l.jpg

QDk5mrgl.jpg

LWUWlUsl.jpg

Z0xXtNNl.jpg

w6pSBGW.jpg

geyyB1Xl.jpg

CTQwenIl.jpg

Front Speakers - Wharfedale Diamond 121 - 20K
Rear Speakers - Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS
Center Speaker - Wharfedale Center Diamond 9 CS (Center & Rear - 15 K used)
Subwoofer - Wharfedale Diamond SW150 - 24K
Yamaha RX-V375 AVR - 26 K
LG 42LB5820 (42" LED Smart TV) - 35K after old LCD swap & Multiple Coupons applied on Flipkart. Delivered next working day.

All hardware procured from Kolkata distributors after a lot of searching, researching and auditions at Watteffects, Pro FX, Harmonie Audio, Solfege, Digital Acoustics, SBR Audio.

Went through quite a few combinations of Tannoy + Denon, Wharfedale + Denon, Polk + Pioneer etc. Finally bought from Watteffects, Harmonie & SBR.

Detailed experience penned on Hifivision. This forum really got me started.
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/15607-speaker-auditioning-experiences-kolkata-19.html#post627036

I've been using this setup for 6 months now and the sound is incredible. Movie watching experience has jumped tenfold in the last 6 months. Likewise for Sports and TV Shows.
Calibrated from Demo World clips, Disney WOW disc etc. Still tinkering with a lot of settings.

Connected Gear -
Tata SKY HD+
Playstation 3
Xbox 360
PC running on GTX 570 - Kodi (XBMC) for Media. MPC-HC with madVR video processing, ARC Soft Total Media Theater 6 running for BDs.

Additionals -
30m Speaker Cable
Optical Cables
DAC Subwoofer cable replaced with RCA Female to Dual RCA Male. Subwoofer output is definitely better.
http://www.amazon.in/dp/B000HDKZMS

Last edited:
Now that is a amazing home theatre setup :android:... Get a google chromecast now if you already havent. I have a similar setup with xbox, ps3 and rasberry pi connected but its the chromecast which I use the most. Its just super convenient.

Thanks Gogs, LED is a smart TV. Not that I was looking for one but got it for a decent price. So can easily stream from iPad etc to TV.

Ah ok... I specially bought a cheap Sony normal TV as I had so many things connected that I didn't need a smart TV. But how is the TV connected to the AVR then... is the TV sending audio to AVR when used in smart mode ?

AVR To TV via HDMI (ARC). But when streaming directly to TV external speakers don't seem to be working I have to check Output on the TV. Everything is ARC capable though.

Thanks. Updated Price info & sources. Put in a few pics too. Do ignore the lack of proper AV furniture. Posted a link to HFV with buying experience.

Congrats, looks like a killer setup. I have the Sony DN840 with BA XS 5.1, pretty satisfied with it, your setup is a monster! I am also having trouble with sound playing directly from the TV doesn't output to the AVR, tried the ARC port and everything, eventually got the WD Media player and Chromecast, now everything outputs through the AVR.

Do let me know if you figure out the ARC issue.

^I think OP's case, ARC is not working for streams from iPad or so, but others like in built smart tv apps are outputting via ARC. If its not all working, then mostly it could be HDMI cable issue. In my case, I had to buy new cable(1.4 aka High speed HDMI) for ARC to work.

Back