PC Peripherals Hookup tv to PC wirelessly

KreeHunter

Disciple
Ok so recently upgraded to LG 50"....so my old videocon TV is lying idle. I have a full fledge gaming setup already so i wanted to hook up it to my PC for Larger Movie experience. My problem is the TV is around 15 Feet away from my PC . i only want to hookup the TV because i am not much into subscription based OTT or Fire stick though would like to play games on 40" TV :) , . Idk if there is something like 20~30 feet HDMI/VGA cables plus it will look lot of ugly....so any wireless solution will work best.

Note: its a old tv so not smart tv/wireless cast on board etc.

Ok so recently upgraded to LG 50"....so my old videocon TV is lying idle. I have a full fledge gaming setup already so i wanted to hook up it to my PC for Larger Movie experience. My problem is the TV is around 15 Feet away from my PC . i only want to hookup the TV because i am not much into subscription based OTT or Fire stick though would like to play games on 40" TV :) , . Idk if there is something like 20~30 feet HDMI/VGA cables plus it will look lot of ugly....so any wireless solution will work best.

Yup HDMI cables come in that length. I got one of 15ft around 3yrs ago.
Still works fine.

Yup HDMI cables come in that length. I got one of 15ft around 3yrs ago.
Still works fine.
I do understand but think like this ..i have a gaming PC setup with wired cosmicbyte kb and Steelseries revel mouse ...it will be really difficult where your display is 90° to your keyboard and mouse ...if it was a wireless setup i would just put in the dongle and ready to go

Considering its Full HD (1920x1080) i am pretty sure ass is no the right word you are looking for
It has nothing to do with resolution. You can buy a 4K UHD TV from Zebronics vs one from LG, and see the difference.

What I meant was that the panel may not be up to snuff for close-range gaming, it may strain your eyes and you may experience a lot of input lag. 1080p on 40 inches isn't ideal to use as a PC gaming monitor substitute. Even the real estate won't make up for the low picture quality.

These exist but for that price you have to question if they are worth it -

if you can find a used MiBox 4k and have 5ghz connectivity between TV and PC, Moonlight streaming works great. I had exact same setup. i happen to have 5 ghz routers in both rooms. so streaming works great. little compromise on quality for wireless comfort.

other idea is to swap places of TV and monitor :cool:

Last edited:
if you can find a used MiBox 4k and have 5ghz connectivity between TV and PC, Moonlight streaming works great. I had exact same setup. i happen to have 5 ghz routers in both rooms. so streaming works great. little compromise on quality for wireless comfort.

other idea is to swap places of TV and monitor :cool:
Was gonna say just that, it's the most practical idea. But not just miBox any of the Chinese android boxes with a decent chipset would do.

Was gonna say just that, it's the most practical idea. But not just miBox any of the Chinese android boxes with a decent chipset would do.
max difference between mibox and other android boxes will be rs.1000.
the benefit of buying mibox is you get widevine license which is not available on any other android boxes. so you get to watch all the ott high def content if needed.
i have a 4gb android box apart from mibox. i can 100% confirm its performance is not better than mibox even if it says 4gb.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to moonlight and sunshine combo. You can even use a firestick, but please do consider ethernet over WiFi 5. The latency improvements are quite significant from my personal experience.

Back