How About the Dell All in One 2310

Vij

Skilled
Hello people :)

I am looking to buy a desktop that is compact and fast for office applications and some seo software stuff - game rarely these days and if anything on the xbox. I am considering the Dell All-in-One 2310.

http://www.dell.com/in/p/inspiron-one-2310-intel/pd?refid=inspiron-one-2310

Specs

Operating System: Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit (English)

Monitor: Inspiron One 23 WLED 23" Touch Screen

Memory: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz (2X2GB)

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing

Graphic Card: ATI 1GB DDR3 Radeon HD 5470

Price - 52k

What do you guys think. I like its compactness and config ain't bad too.

why not an assembled pc :/

if u r on a budget of 52k , u can get a more and better reliable pc of u'r need and dream :p

or as vantheman5211 said go for Mac mini which will be a different experience :D

I dont want Mac. I could probably run windows on Mac Mini too but why?

I am looking for All-in-one systems only. I want a compact system and if power comes by I dont mind it ofcourse. Wonder if Dell is the best option in such scenario.

Afaik all the systems or the aio windows systems I have seen have left me unimpressed.

macmini is as aio you can get and give osx a chance,believe me you will love it.

2nd option is scrap the aio pref for windows and build a kick ass pc.

So my suggestion as of now Is if you are going purely on aio than get a Mac mini or a iMac.

If not aio than build a awesome pc.

^^ I think from a all-in-one point of view, the AMD Llano platform will provide you much more muscle [in the 3D graphics department], so here goes my suggestion to you --

AMD A8-3850 ~ 6880/-

Gigabyte GA-A75-UD2H / ASUS FM1-A75-M PRO ~ 7500/-

Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x 1 1333MHz CL-9 ~ 1250/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~ 2750/-

DVD writer [SATA] ~ 1000/- [any brand, such as Sony, Samsung, LG, HP]

Dell ST2220M ~ 8800/- [22" full HD, LED back-lit panel + HDMI-out]

NZXT Gamma ~ 2100/- + 2 x 120mmm Cooler Master R4 ~ 600/- [for setting up a good air-flow]

Corsair VX 450W ~ 3500/-

Logitech multimedia combo ~ 800/-

Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~ 1100/-

Hope this helps, Sire. For more information on why I suggested you this configuration, associated links --

Gigabyte A75M-UD2H : Six A75-Based Motherboards For AMD --> motherboard shoot-out.

AMD A8-3850 APU Review: Llano Hits the Desktop / AMD A8-3850 Review | bit-tech.net --> AMD Llano review.

NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club / NZXT Gamma Mid Tower Case Review | Unbiased Computer Hardware Reviews - ThinkComputers.org --> NZXT Gamma review.

^^ There is no PC equivalent for an iMac and no iMac will ever realize the myriad roles filled in by regular run of the mill PC. Also I find all-in-one PC's woefully under-powered in most cases especially processor / graphics elements, where they completely fall flat, thus they are in my view more of a lifestyle product rather than a proper desktop OR laptop OR HTPC replacement.

Anyways these are my point(s) of view, I have experience on a Mac-top [Mac desktop for ~ 1 year now], and I find my AMD Phenom II based PC much more to my liking. Cheers, Sire!!!

Thanks guys, Your inputs are much appreciated. One of the reasons I dont want any non-windows OS is that I need to install nifty little applications every month - stuff that is custom made etc... Windows is the safest bet in such scenario.

Is there any All in One review here on TE. Wonder of any member owns it.

Get an assembled PC which would give you more bang for the buck. If its only for office use and you don't have much knowledge about PCs, then go with any typical Indian "All in One" PC. They might provide you lifetime tech support but you won't get any performance

DarkAngel said:
Its available for Rs. 48,264 shipped from flipkart.
Dell Inspiron One 2310 / Core I5-480M / 4 GB / 500 GB With TV Tuner: All In One Desktop: Flipkart.com

It should do fine for your needs considering that it has pretty good processor (i5 480M) and an entry level GPU (HD5470M)
You also get a decent 23" FHD screen and a compact package.

To add to that it carries genuine MS Win7 HP and 3 years warranty :cool2:
Thanks man. Getting it.

Have decided to get one of the top end form-factor optiplex for myself and the "2310 all in one" for my wife. My priorities have changed. No longer passionate about tinkering with hardware. Got married and got busy with some business stuff. Want good support thats a call away.

Damn I get back into TE after a long time, spend 24 hours looking around and I changed my "all in one" plans and am already looking at getting Crysis 2. WTF!
Wait, this is the old story. Whats new :p

Back