Laptops How are Avita Laptops?

How are Avita Laptops??
No personal experience but from reviews on amazon and FK they are very cheap build quality with flimsy plastic bezels which have broken from regular use. Can't comment on Customer service for this local brand but expect hassles there.
Quality of motherboard PCB components may also suffer since with less price expect quality to be downgraded somewhere.
Lastly, value on used market will suffer by a lot.

How are Avita Laptops??

I have ordered this. Found a great deal

I needed to buy a laptop within 40k. Specs wise is a great deal but how is the quality and service of the brand?

if not good I will cancel the purchase
More than the specs I would worry about the build, longevity and ASS for these brands.
I would let others chime in but from what I have read on Avita, the build isn't as good as the mainstream brands.

No personal experience but from reviews on amazon and FK they are very cheap build quality with flimsy plastic bezels which have broken from regular use. Can't comment on Customer service for this local brand but expect hassles there.
Quality of motherboard PCB components may also suffer since with less price expect quality to be downgraded somewhere.
Lastly, value on used market will suffer by a lot.

Dont care much about used market prices. Any laptop I purchase I tend to use 5 to 7 years before upgrading/switching to a newer one. Anyways wont find much value after this long usage as some or the other problem always comes in after this much of usage.

Thanks for your input though

More than the specs I would worry about the build, longevity and ASS for these brands.
I would let others chime in but from what I have read on Avita, the build isn't as good as the mainstream brands.

Longevity is something that I DO need. Do not want to be hunting for a new laptop 2 to 3 years down the road.

Thanks for your input as well

Will be checking for more feedbacks here and some YT reviews.. If mostly negative on the quality and longevity I will cancel the order.

Last edited:

Is Avita Chinese company?

Avita, a lifestyle tech brand owned and operated by Hong Kong-based company Nexstgo, has launched a new laptop series called Avita Liber in India. The company also showcased products under the Internet of Things category, and it plans to introduce these in the country at a later date

As per few YT reviews..
Pros:
1) 1tb nvme ssd
2) i7 10th gen
3) 16gb ram
4) value for money

Cons:
1) Not so great build quality
2) Body Color peeling off
3) 3hrs batter life
4) 3hrs to charge full
5) no expansion possible for RAM & Storage as it is sealed with the board
6) ASS availability very less and not good.

My order conclusion:
Am cancelling the order as Cons outweigh the Pros for me.
Body Color peeling off is something unheard of for me and battery life, charging time is unacceptable. So HP again for me I guess.

Last edited:
Using avita pura ryzen 5 512 nvme 8gb Ram .
Bought last October . Quality just ok . Don't compare with Dell at all . Else does what it says . Plastic creaks when opening and closing lid . Colour not peeling off. Would recommend if strictly on a budget else avoid .

Pros:
1) 1tb nvme ssd
2) i7 10th gen
3) 16gb ram
Stuff not made by Avita but by known brands.

Cons:
3) 3hrs batter life
4) 3hrs to charge full
All the stuff that is Avita responsible for either outsourced or built by them.

Ironic... :)

I have the same laptop but with Ryzen 7 3700.

It has the best in class display compared to most trashy display you find at this price. The all alluminium chassis is great. Keyboard is great to type on. So in the look and feel departement they have tried to imitate Apple and that's a good thing.

That's all.

The laptop has great specs but it's only on the papers.

• The cooling is so baad that I can't use more than 50% performance of Ryzen 7. It throttles crazy.
  • WiFi is super baad. You'll have to sit next to your wifi router to get any range. What I do is, I use my mobile as wifi extender.
  • Webcam is super baad. It's not really 720p 30fps. It's more like 240p 10fps upscaled to 720. So, I'm using external webcam.
  • Speakers are weaker than most mobiles. It's not bother for me because it's not used as a media laptop.
  • Battery is 2-3 hours.
  • Fingerprint scanner doesn't work with old people.
  • Touchpad is great but it's too big for my taste (that's what she said). It registers accidental touches from my palms.
  • Last and the worst, sometimes, my laptop crashes. Sometimes every 10 minutes, sometimes not for even 10 weeks. There's some hardware defect. Not even windows register it as an event. I can't send it to service center because the laptop is needed daily and I don't like to send super personal stuff to service centers.
Disclaimer: I'm not a laptop user. With all my computing experience, I have spent less that 1% time on laptops. So maybe I was expecting too much. I dunno.

It's my experience. You might get lucky though.

I have the same laptop but with Ryzen 7 3700.

It has the best in class display compared to most trashy display you find at this price. The all alluminium chassis is great. Keyboard is great to type on. So in the look and feel departement they have tried to imitate Apple and that's a good thing.

That's all.

The laptop has great specs but it's only on the papers.

• The cooling is so baad that I can't use more than 50% performance of Ryzen 7. It throttles crazy.
  • WiFi is super baad. You'll have to sit next to your wifi router to get any range. What I do is, I use my mobile as wifi extender.
  • Webcam is super baad. It's not really 720p 30fps. It's more like 240p 10fps upscaled to 720. So, I'm using external webcam.
  • Speakers are weaker than most mobiles. It's not bother for me because it's not used as a media laptop.
  • Battery is 2-3 hours.
  • Fingerprint scanner doesn't work with old people.
  • Touchpad is great but it's too big for my taste (that's what she said). It registers accidental touches from my palms.
  • Last and the worst, sometimes, my laptop crashes. Sometimes every 10 minutes, sometimes not for even 10 weeks. There's some hardware defect. Not even windows register it as an event. I can't send it to service center because the laptop is needed daily and I don't like to send super personal stuff to service centers.
Disclaimer: I'm not a laptop user. With all my computing experience, I have spent less that 1% time on laptops. So maybe I was expecting too much. I dunno.

It's my experience. You might get lucky though.

damn its even worse than expected seeing all this feedback. thanks for sharing. good I cancelled rather than suffer with it

As per few YT reviews..
Pros:
1) 1tb nvme ssd
2) i7 10th gen
3) 16gb ram
4) value for money

Cons:
3) 3hrs batter life
4) 3hrs to charge full

My order conclusion:
Am cancelling the order as Cons outweigh the Pros for me.
Body Color peeling off is something unheard of for me and battery life, charging time is unacceptable. So HP again for me I guess.
I would agree if longevity mattered.

The biggest con i see there is availability of replacement battery when the original one wears out.

Thing with these chinese companies without an established brand is they do a run and then move on to something else after three years.
Most Android phones released in a last few years can stream your main wifi over hotspot. This functionality wasn't available 4-5 years ago.
Ah that is why i was confused. An interesting use as a wifi extender. I will check if the S20FE on A12 can do it. The V20 on A7 definitely can't do it.

What the people above me are saying is completely true. The build quality is absolute trash and anyone who buys should go praise the high heavens if the hinges even last for 1 year.
My friend bought one with i5 8th gen, and the chassis barely lasted 15 months.

Back