Monitors How are LG's LCD monitors?

Quasar

Disciple
I would like to know how are LG's LCD monitors???

I wanted to buy W2252TE , 22 inch LG monitor, but didnt find it anywhere. wrote to LG india (Mumbai) region but they too said its not in stock.

Dont know where I could buy W2252TE. It was displayed on lg's site(LG LCD Monitors & LG CRT With High-tech Performance & Unique Designs | LG Electronics India ) but no one here sells this monitor.

Now LG has come up with 22 inch HD monitor, W2243T. Can anybody tell me how is this monitor???

It has HDCP, DVI-D, and all good specs...the tech specs can be seen from site, but i want to know is this monitor available in India?

also how is this as compared with 2233sw of samsung???

some W2243T vs 2233sw comparison is what needed.

i feel they r very similar... LG has something call f-engine... etc.. which sounds good.

leomax said:
Whats wrong with lg? service?

W2243T looks VFM (full HD+LED backlit).

Turn one On n u shall know. :rofl:

Hmm..

Imba sad picture Quality. Contrast ratio is fake n totally wierd. Brightness is either Blasting white or Jet black. Build quality also sad. Looks - sad.

for a layman, jst compare LG n Samsung on same display (Dual display) side by side n u shall know. Evn the cheapest model of samsung will beat LG to its knees.

UR post is BS, How many LG LCDs have you used???? U cant comment on brand, It just differs from product to product and from each individual LCD design to the next. I dont specifically prefer one vendor to the other. :cool2:

sato1986 said:
LG monitors are :bshit: . Dont fall for their marketing gimmicks.

Jst choose from DELL, Samsung, Viewsonic. Look no further.

Rockfella said:
UR post is BS, How many LG LCDs have you used???? U cant comment on brand, It just differs from product to product and from each individual LCD design to the next. I dont specifically prefer one vendor to the other. :cool2:

arre....zzzz.... i know product shud be compared by product. 2 of my frnds have LG Lcds - 15" n 17", ive checked these in detail. And ive seen many LCDs side by side at computer shops in Chandigarh (LG vs Intex vs. Samsung vs. Viewsonic) n have fiddled with their settings etc.

hence speaking.

Rockfella, u want to say that all above posts by evry1 is BS?? (coz none specifies any model/reason)

Common sense comes in here. Jst sounds as if u are saying "Intex PSUs are not B.S. 1 shud check model by model. I dont specifically prefer one vendor to other. U cannot comment on Brand" :rofl:

sato1986 said:
Turn one On n u shall know. :rofl:

Hmm..

Imba sad picture Quality. Contrast ratio is fake n totally wierd. Brightness is either Blasting white or Jet black. Build quality also sad. Looks - sad.

for a layman, jst compare LG n Samsung on same display (Dual display) side by side n u shall know. Evn the cheapest model of samsung will beat LG to its knees.
Im looking at one mate,Looks fine for me.
You drew that conclusion from those el cheapo 17/19" ones ?

I think most people are just saying "don't go for LG" because the person before them is saying so. I have used 17inch crt LG and currently 19inch LCD of LG and both have worked perfectly. Never had a problem with them, so never had to call their customer support. My home TV's are also LG's, one a 32inch LCD jazz and other a 21inch crt. So far so good.

SidhuPunjab said:
^ true, Samsung 740N, 940BW, L226WTQ are highest selling LCD monitors. n they have good IPS panels also.

OT: Source? Can i get a link plz? Wud love c the chart...

(proud owner f 740N :p)

As for my experience, my LG 17" which i had had long back did not have even a single problem for the the 3 years i had it. Not even once. :cool2:

LG used to be good.

When i visited Croma a few days back, had a look at all the monitors in the 22" category and LG was the dullest of them all, probably due to some settings but that was just it. Moreover, the build was not good as the Samsung which was sitting nearby.
Dell was good but Dell stand was not sturdy.

Even when u keep a LG 32" and a Samsung 32" side by side, the Samsung would beat the LG hands down...:cool2:

Might be some models of LG are still out dere which would be good but people usually go by the word which spreads from mouth to mouth based on user experience, especially in TE...:p
So, either Dell or Samsung goes here...:eek:hyeah:

And till now, Samsung service is the best of the entire lot of monitors. :eek:hyeah:

i feel LG is not that bad... but i am not hearing much about LG, so asked...

I have LG 22 inch monitors in my office W2242S... 8-9 months old... there has been no problem... not a single issue. i have seen other brand monitors also, and didnt find anything different. i have not seen keeping 2 side by side... but i dont feel there will be much diff. i agree we should see 2 monitors side by side, so askin those who saw...

there is no bleeding/color distortion or dull contrast... all seems good...

still no one saying good about LG... also i feel its only LG and Samsung who are original panel makers... Dell, HP, Benq all buy panels from either Samsung or LG... (correct me if i am wrong)

mithunfan said:
agree...don risk LG please. dell samsung viewsonic.
btw, they have been advertising IPS monitors on TV. any word on those?

can you (and all those who have used LG product) share your experience with LG monitors...???

I think LG is not dealer friendly... so no one sells it... also a reason for this might be cos. its only LG which displays the price on its website... so lesser margin for dealers...
still i request all LG users to just share their experiences with LG...

nice timing!!....just the other day my lg (L226WTQ???) developed a discoloured line in middle (from top to bottom)....i was just wondering whether there any good lg monitors for replcement?
as for my old sammy 740n...its still running fine :)

Back