PC Peripherals How are these GEIL Value Ram ?

Better 'Value' than those from Corsair or Kingston. Not sure if the DFIs like them
or not, though. Timings are good too, on par with most performance-class sticks
out there.

^ Thats exactly what I was thinking as well . Moderate volts/tight timings, sign of BH-type memory.

BTW Aces, if you're planning on pairing this up with another non-similar stick, you would not get optimal results even if you are not using a dual-channel platform.

^^ Yup absolutely. Do remember that if your current memory is running at CAS 3/2.5, this one won't even boot at that. BH/CH hates anything other than CAS 2. It might run at 2.5 but will definitely fail to boot at CAS 3

I have a Transcend stick rated and working at 2.5 ? Will these work with that at 2.5 timing ? I thought since these are cheap might as well as go for them paying 5$ extra...

Aces170 said:
I have a Transcend stick rated and working at 2.5 ? Will these work with that at 2.5 timing ? I thought since these are cheap might as well as go for them paying 5$ extra...
Should work but BH memory is always a bit finicky. Sell the transcend and get two of these!

COnfig is an A64 3000+ Socket 754 with an Asus K8V.

A pair of these.. well I will need to invest atleast 3k then after selling off my current stick.. not in the mood for it. I think will order one of these as they are as cheap as the Transcend ones in India.

If they wont work on my mobo will sell them here ;)

Back