Android How bad is Mediatek Dimensity 6080 for gaming?

Popsicleed

Disciple
I started another thread (Sorry) because I feel like this topic need a whole new thread
So I tried to buy Iqoo z9x with SD 6 gen 1 but yesterday I accidentally bought Tecno Pova 5 Pro (128/8) on amazon with MD 6080. (I tried cancelling the order but couldn't as it was already shipped, but it haven't arrived yet)

I was trying to get Iqoo z9x mainly because of the high antutu score and for gaming.
I'm concerned because Z9X got around 520k Antutu score while Pova 5 pro (The one I bought) only have 420k score,
(I've been told Antutu Scores below 500k sucks for gaming and that people told me that mediatek chips sucks for gaming.)

I mostly play MOBA games like MLBB, HOK, AOV and others, and would like to play at highest quality with 120 fps if possible
And sometimes play Genshin Impact and would like to play at medium graphics for minimum (I'm getting a cooler fan regarding throttling)

Most of the gaming tests I watched for Tecno Pova 5 pro could run genshin at highest quality pretty well, but I'm just kind of concerned it might not perform like that in real life
Should I be concerned? Do I tell my legal guardian to cancel the delivery midway? Please help me

Regarding the logisitcs, afaik you should be able to reject the delivery and the package would go back. I personally did this with a phone a couple years ago I ordered via Flipkart. I spoke to the delivery guy and asked him to not deliver the package to which he agreed and marked the package as being unable to deliver. I got a full refund a few business days after it reached without any hassles.

However, not sure if that is still possible today and which website you'e ordered from. Other members would be better able to help you out with this. Additionally, if you are able to speak to the delivery person in your area they might be able to let you know if it's possible. Good luck!

If you don't like or not sure (100% not feel good about your purchase) better reject the delivery. Your money will be refund, as soon as return shipment reach back to Warehouse/seller.

In any circumstances do not give Any OTP to delivery guy (if you didn't wish to accept parcel, ask your Legal Guardian too.. not to give OTP, any OTP, even he told you that the OTP is for Return, as delivery person just able to generate OTP for delivery only and not for return)

PS: Forget to mentioned, kindly connect with Customer Care and tell them the issue. Else they will re-arrange delivery.

Last edited:
If you don't like or not sure (100% not feel good about your purchase) better reject the delivery. Your money will be refund, as soon as return shipment reach back to Warehouse/seller.

In any circumstances do not give Any OTP to delivery guy (if you didn't wish to accept parcel, as your Legal Guardian too.. not to give OTP, any OTP, even he told you that the OTP is for Return, as delivery person just able to generate OTP for delivery only and not for return)

PS: Forget to mentioned, kindly connect with Customer Care and tell them the issue. Else they will re-arrange delivery.
Regarding the logisitcs, afaik you should be able to reject the delivery and the package would go back. I personally did this with a phone a couple years ago I ordered via Flipkart. I spoke to the delivery guy and asked him to not deliver the package to which he agreed and marked the package as being unable to deliver. I got a full refund a few business days after it reached without any hassles.

However, not sure if that is still possible today and which website you'e ordered from. Other members would be better able to help you out with this. Additionally, if you are able to speak to the delivery person in your area they might be able to let you know if it's possible. Good luck!
thanks for the response, I cancelled the delivery and I will try to order Iqoo z9x after the refund is issued. Again, thank you!

@Popsicleed how is your new Z9x
Tdlr; I like the overall performance of the phone, but I am just looking to replace the phone since I bought the 4GB RAM one and is regretting it.

Hello, I am sorry for not replying to you when you asked me about the z9x. I was planning to write it later but I keep forgetting - Uh yeah I am kind of not happy with the z9x. I think it has to do with me picking the 4gb RAM version. So the fault is on me. I guess. It can't handle resource hog games like genshin impact even in lowest graphics due to the low RAM. It even loads a long time on light MOBA games when loading into the actual games. Also, the phone gets really hot when you play game in it.
Not only games, but it kind of sucks for everyday use. You can't have 5 apps opening in bg at the same time. Which is a huge letdown. Infact, this is the second time I'm writing this as I accidentally closed chrome.

Other than that, I like the finger display in the side, the display, the cameras, the design etc. I'd recommend it for daily use.

I am only looking to replace the phone because of the RAM. If I had chosen a higher RAM, I don't think I'd feel the need to get a new phone.

Back